When did u realise you needed to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Having to get up two or three times a night due to terrible heartburn.

Seeing my hips in the mirror - I was like wow...just wow... no more!!!

Realizing my weight causes me low self esteem. I was limited in clothing that didn't "show" flab - even though I looked gross in everything anyways! This made me not even want to go out. Which created more low self esteem. Terrible cycle that had to end!
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    When nothing fit and the only thing that fit was your pjs. Saddest day of my life.
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I dont think I realized how big I was for years cause people would always compliment me but in reality I was overweight. Even looking back on pics I think "God, how did I wear that looking like that? Why didn't anyone tell me to change?" lol. I've been dieting for years but not seriously. It wasn't till I got with my fiance 5 years ago. He's small and thin and can eat whatever he wants. Because of our living situation I wouldn't cook and he'd eat junk food like crazy. I thought I could too but stacked on so much weight. Then we weighed ourselves one day and he was lighter than me. I wasn't having that. I went from being about 6kgs/14lbs more than him to 11kgs/26lbs lighter.

Currently I'm only 3kgs/6lbs lighter than him cause I did put some back on. This time around I went shopping for jeans. The size I was wearing was tight so I picked up the next size. I couldn't get into it. Then the size above that was too big so I'm stuck in an awkward size range which sucks. We'll get that sorted again.
  • missak610
    missak610 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When my size 22 jeans were getting snug and I abso-freaking-lutely refused to buy anything bigger
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    After my dd was born. Lost gained, lost, gained for 15 years. Got pretty serious when I crossed the line into obese, was in pain, couldn't climb stairs without getting lut of breath, etc. Lost 25 lbs. Still working on it.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    My wake up call was one morning while I was getting my daughter (5) dressed for school. I went into her room to get her shoes while she was in the living room with her dad. I overheard her ask, "daddy why is mommy fat?". I then heard him say no she's not followed by a bunch of yes she is's from my daughter. Never told them I overheard this. I knew at 5'7, 222lbs and counting that I was indeed fat. It took a 5 year old to finally get me to do something about it.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    When I was about 9 years old. Took me quite a lot longer to actually do so successfully.
  • linlinjay
    linlinjay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    When i was 8 years old and kids in my school started calling me names (i got depressed because my grandmother died so i gained weight)
  • CatherineLaurel
    CatherineLaurel Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I volunteered in Asia and everyone called me fat everyday (it's not considered offensive where I was) but it hurt my feelings, for sure.
  • AshleighAnn72
    AshleighAnn72 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    When the doctor has to go off and find a bigger arm band for the blood pressure machine :/
  • ohheyitsmadds
    ohheyitsmadds Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Always been overweight, pretty much my whole life. Hit my highest weight of just over 300 lbs in December of last year, I carry a lot of this in my midsection.
    An older woman approached me and asked me if I was having twins. TWINS, you guys. Needless to say, that was quite a wake up call.