Looking for friends in their 60's

Options
I'm looking for friends in their 60's who need to lose 50+ pounds. Please join me to motivate and encourage each other to reach a healthy weight.

Replies

• marcielinder
    marcielinder Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had lost 55 lbs at age 59, but it is always a struggle to maintain. My Fitness helps. Good luck!
  • lurline27
    lurline27 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just made 64 years old and since December I have lost 16.6 pounds. I log in everything on MyFitnessPal and I do a lot of protein shakes using the Atkins low-carb shake with spinach leaves and strawberries and half an orange. This shake which is chocolate combined with the strawberries and orange is fabulous.
  • kat02092015
    kat02092015 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 64 and have been on MFP for over a year. If anyone needs some extra support I'm open to emailing or texting if you need daily support.

Kathy (IL)
  • kat02092015
    kat02092015 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    lurline27 wrote: »
    I just made 64 years old and since December I have lost 16.6 pounds. I log in everything on MyFitnessPal and I do a lot of protein shakes using the Atkins low-carb shake with spinach leaves and strawberries and half an orange. This shake which is chocolate combined with the strawberries and orange is fabulous.

I do protein shakes a lot too. It really helps curb the cravings. And MFP is what has helped keep me in line. I usually have my phone close for logging my food. I'm not a perfect dieter but I just keep going. Quitting is not an option this time!

Kathy (IL)
  • ArtthurCarlson
    ArtthurCarlson Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'll turn 60 in 3 weeks. Close enough? :smiley:
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I am 62, but do not have to lose that much weight now. I have lost almost 30 pounds with determination and support on this app
  • beskytter
    beskytter Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 but will be 60 in the future. Add me.
  • TKlepac
    TKlepac Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 and I'm trying to get in shape and lose 35-40 pounds, but mostly want to get stronger and more flexible. I sit way too much so need encouragement with exercise.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm 64 and here everyday for mutual support. Anyone can add me if they comment
  • rawfruitvegH20
    rawfruitvegH20 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi i am 63 i do assembly work sitting at a desk all day i walk on my errands and have garden yard work spring summer... i am starting those bungee resistance bands walking with trek poles and must restart low carb high protein vegs my diabetes BS were great now they are creeping up again..cancer survivor and thyroid hashimotos keeps me on my toes... anyone who is a baby boomer can friend me..i need all the help i can get..