• OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    *hands @Sued0nim the myfitness pal awesome answer trophy
  • Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I think you're only really motivated for things you want, do you really want to lose weight?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    @Sued0nim you are on a roll tonight :) , h.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    *hands @Sued0nim the myfitness pal awesome answer trophy

Why thank you :bigsmile:

I'd like to thank my father, my mother without who.....<trails off>

• ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    ct9768270 wrote: »
    I need motivation

As a teacher, I've had many students who lack motivation. My observations have led me to conclude that people are motivated to do things at which they feel successful. As an example, my artistic skills are very poor. I spent very little time practicing those skills because my early attempts did not meet with success. I dread being asked to use those very limited skills and will do whatever I can to avoid having to do so. I lack the motivation needed to devote time improving my drawing skills. On the other hand, math always came easily to me. While it is common for people to avoid having to use math, I love opportunities to do so, especially finding ways to quickly find the answer mentally.

So, my advice to you is to set small reasonable goals that you can achieve. The goals need to be specific and measurable. For example, I will exercise more is not specific enough nor is it easily measurable. On the other hand, I will walk for 30 minutes 3 evenings this week is specific and measurable. Make sure it is something that is completely under control - for example, have a plan for meeting this goal if the weather doesn't cooperate (such as using the treadmill or doing a walking DVD workout) and that it is a behavior that will help you to achieve your ultimate goal. Do not make goals about losing X pounds in Y amount of time (or by Z date) as weight loss is not linear and water weight fluctuations aren't something that you can control and can cause you to feel that you failed to achieve your goal.

Start with very short term goals (daily goals are good for the first week or two), then slowly transition to longer term goals (weekly, then monthly). Good luck!