JULY MILES CHALLENGE!!!!!

Options

Replies

• LoraEllen
    LoraEllen Posts: 81
    Options
    Golden King and His Queens...........are we still a team for the July challenge??? I hope so!! I know I wasn't able to finish my June miles because of the wildfires but thankfully we've had a lot of rain and the sky is clear....I'm ready to run!
    [/guote]

The Golden King and his Queens:
    P
    Lora I am still in for July with you!!!! Knees holding up better and hopefully life will have calmed down signficantly in July and I can focus on myself!!

Lora I,Mandy and chris, I M in for July...nina

Mandy xxx

I am in for July....stating back to swing shift so no more getting in in the dark and going to bed when its light

Excited that we are all still together!!! Hope you all have a great day :)
  • slimrb2011
    slimrb2011 Posts: 122
    Options
    Amelia, since you are putting teams together and posting them by the 5th, should we be keeping track as of today (the 1st) of our miles? So excited about this challenge! THANKS!!!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Team 5 - 4 Non Blondes - is staying together for July so you all better get ready to eat our dust!!! :)

We are:
    starrr126
    justjenn419
    bugnbeansmom
    missconfidence

Get ready!
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to quote a post.... but for all us newbies looking for a team that will most likely be placed on a random team but aren't necessarily sure of how all of this works quite yet....

Do we start tracking today and then report it to a "captain" when we are placed on a team?
    I'm a little lost :o(

PS.... newbie looking to join a team, but definitely not ready to be a captain.
  • dawnstl
    dawnstl Posts: 91
    Options
    Sisters with Blisters (Team 6) will be in the July Challenge

idnam
    danielleca
    dawnstl

I'm afraid we may have lost one member (legallyfab) so will need to add one more member.

We are looking forward to increasing our miles!!
  • dawnstl
    dawnstl Posts: 91
    Options
    Sisters with Blisters (Team 6) will be in the July Challenge

idnam182
    danielleca
    dawnstl

I'm afraid we may have lost one member (legallyfab) so will need to add one more member.

We are looking forward to increasing our miles!!

Sorry, left off some #'s from one of the team members.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to quote a post.... but for all us newbies looking for a team that will most likely be placed on a random team but aren't necessarily sure of how all of this works quite yet....

Do we start tracking today and then report it to a "captain" when we are placed on a team?
    I'm a little lost :o(

PS.... newbie looking to join a team, but definitely not ready to be a captain.

Just keep track of your personal miles for now, we'll start posting as a team on the 5th!

Usually, I like to make teams by grouping every 4 people together. It's random and it's the fairest way I think. I'll try to post the teams by the 5th.

There is a lot activity on this board (which is great!) but it's hard to navigate. I'm sorry about that. I'm going to try to form teams from the bottom of the messages up and then I'll close the enrollment. It's getting too complicated!
  • amelia_atlantic
    Options
    I asked earlier, but my post got buried (I can't find it) ha ha, so I'll ask again :flowerforyou:

I have a question for you (not sure who -you- is actually) :happy:
    Also was wondering,
    if we divide our biking miles by avg walking speed

For Example ::
    2 miles @12mph on bike
    would equal
    .33 miles @4mph walked
    Would that be fair?

Here is a link to a Calculator I use myself::
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjWq8Ca1b4hfdDdOcTl5azVVNWxuRVNoNHdKc2FaSGc&hl=en_US&authkey=CP-sk6sF

The reason I ask my husband and I work out together and he is currently not able to walk w/an injury, but we ride bikes. (avg 10-12mph for 45min - hour)

Would you guys feel comfortable with bike miles being converted/counted this way?
    I think it's a pretty fair conversion. (not scientific, but definitely not an "advantage")

I understand TOTAL biked miles not equal (and aka not allowed :wink: ),
    but if they're converted this way, I think it becomes semi-comparable? :blushing:

But it's completely up to you guys! I will have some *actual* walk/jog miles too, just more time will be spent biking w/hubby till he heals. :embarassed:

Thank you guys!! :love:

Sorry I missed it! HI!

I'm okay with that as long as EVERYONE uses that same calculator. I hate to discourage anyone but it was hard to fit in bike miles in previous challenges. I think this method will work.

THANKS!
  • amelia_atlantic
    Options
    <
    Newbie looking for a team.

Can I also count my miles on the stair machine as well as treadmill miles?

YES! It all counts!
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join, and come with a full team!

Team Name: Jalapeño Hotties.

Myself (babybluz33)
    Jazelita
    cdiaz1227
    naomisnook

We're excited about this challenge, thanks for putting it together!
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Another newbie wanting to join. If you are still putting together teams, please add me to one!

Thanks so much!
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    divide Bicycle Miles by AVG Walking Speed

For Example ::
    2 miles @12mph on bike
    would equal
    .33 miles @4mph walked
    Would that be fair?

Here is a link to a Calculator I use myself::
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjWq8Ca1b4hfdDdOcTl5azVVNWxuRVNoNHdKc2FaSGc&hl=en_US&authkey=CP-sk6sF
    Thank you guys!! :love:
    Sorry I missed it! HI!

I'm okay with that as long as EVERYONE uses that same calculator. I hate to discourage anyone but it was hard to fit in bike miles in previous challenges. I think this method will work.

THANKS!

WOOHOOO!! Thank you! Thank you! *hugs*

I was so hoping this would be okay!!! That helps so much till the Hubby heals!!

*does happy dance*
  • paulasuscas01
    paulasuscas01 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    newbie looking for a team. hope it isn't to late.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Any teams still looking for a member? Low miles today, but have set a personal goal for myself ;-)
  • pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yay great guys we can stay together:

Team: The Golden King and his Queens raring to go!!

Bubblybabeuk
    LoraEllen
    CD Golden
    Nlakshmi

Let's start counting those miles.

My 5k is tomorrow. I have been banned from running it becuase of my knees but I am power walking it so that's a start.

Mandy xxx
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    can't wait to get a team, tracking my miles for a july walk so i can easily keep track!
  • pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    can't wait to get a team, tracking my miles for a july walk so i can easily keep track!

This is probably a really stupid question, but how do you update your miles ticker on tickerfactory.com??? I CAN NOT for the life of me figure it out, 'bout ready to just get rid of it!
  • Polish_Princess
    Options
    newbie looking for a team if this is still open
  • amelia_atlantic
    Options
    I haven't forgotten about you! I've just been away. Setting up all these groups and weeding through a bunch of messages isn't feasible at this time. I PROMISE to get to it at work tomorrow (Tuesday the 5th). Please be paitient!

***If anyone wants to take over the task of setting up teams, I'd be okay with that!

Oh, the enrollment is CLOSED at this time.

If we have an odd number of people/teams, I'll open it back up.