Gaining and losing the same few pounds

So I have been on a weight loss journey for a while now. I started back at the end of 2013 and lost about 55 lbs but then got pregnant and gained about 17 lbs back. I had my baby in June of 2015 and started back to cutting back on calories and exercising in August of 2015. So since then I have only lost 25 lbs because I will lose a couple pounds and then gain them right back even though I'm doing the same thing. Then I will drop a few more pounds and I will think I am finally heading in the right direction but then the cycle happens all over. I know that your weight changes so much for so many different reasons but I just don't understand why I am not losing when I am eating right and working out. I eat about between 1500-1700 calories a day (I'm currently 215 and this is what mfp says for me to eat) and I workout and burn usually around 400 calories a day (according to my polar watch and of course some days it more and some days it's less). Please tell me I'm not the only one this is happening to.

Replies

• oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    So the overall trend is down but at a slow rate?
  • Mrsmonas
    Mrsmonas Posts: 37 Member
    Trendweight.com is very helpful to determine if you are losing or gaining.
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Im struging on my last 30lbs. Up and down 3lbs. Eating all good 30 mins workout 5 to 6 days a week. Got a bit dis hearted last night. And gain quarter pound back aaarggh. So i know how you feel. Kids sont help much either xx
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    If you are gaining and losing the same few pounds it means that more often than not you are eating at maintenance calories.

You say you eat 'about' 1500-1700' calories, that is your most likely problem - you are eating a bit more than you think.

Just tighten up the logging, if you don't already weigh your foods, its time to do that.

All the best.
  • candacem1991
    candacem1991 Posts: 19 Member
    Thanks for all the advice :) I am tracking and logging everything that I eat so I know I'm staying in the calorie range I need to be but maybe I need to lower that. I have just always went by what MFP says and it has always worked. For my height I technically have a lot more to lose (even though I don't plan to get as thin as my bmi suggests) so I just am so confused. I think I will weigh daily and then average it out to see if I'm in an overall gain or lose for the week. I try to not be so worried about it because either way I am committed to this lifestyle but it's still a little frustrating not seeing the changes you want to see.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    It is frustrating as its a slow process but little by little you will get there, be patient :smile:
    I agree with doing daily weighing and tracking it that way so you see the overall trend is in the right direction.