I'm Falling

Options
Yesterday morning on my way to work at 7am, i was mugged at the bus stop. The guy came onto the pavement with his motorcycle and snatched my phone violently out of my hand. I was really shaken & in tears. I know it is just a materialistic item but the act itself has really left me feeling down and i've eaten half my fridge since yesterday. I started back on his Journey at the beginning of June and down 6kg and i'm scared im eating it all away again but i'm sooooo down that i can't stop eating. I haven't left the house since yesterday

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that this happened to you. *hugs* That sounds very scary and I think probably would have had the same response. I don't think one or even two days of over indulging are going to ruin your progress. You might have some bloat because of it, but that will go away as you get back to your routine. Did you report it to the police? Do you have someone that can stay with you and help keep your mind off of what happened and listen to you vent?
    I wish you all the best.
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    When i'm down like this, i close off from people and don't like talking to anyone, i just want to be left alone. I called the police right away and they showed up but while i was in their car, i heard on their radio that there isn't an CCTV camera in the area, so i doubt they will ever catch the guy.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    That's a horrible way to start your day for sure! I'm sorry that you had to go through that *hugs*

This said, and please don't take this the wrong way..Losing your phone has caused you to be 'down', understandably you were shaken and upset, but has eating 'half your fridge' made you feel any better? I would bet not for any length of time. The only way to stop the spiral is to refuse to use food to take control of your life or emotions. I have read through your profile and I think this emotional reliance on food is not a new thing for you.

You need to use these negative events as motivation to get stronger, get MAD and use that anger to fuel you. Instead of eating, get physical - punch things, lift things, run. Refuse to be a victim. Life sucks, *kitten* happens that sucks but you are in control of HOW you deal with the *kitten*. Look at what you accomplished! You brought your BMI down to 29, you lost 40 pounds! The hard times don't negate the fact that you did it. If you did it before, you CAN do it again. Be strong for yourself, be strong for your family, be strong as a tribute to those you have lost who had faith in you.

One little binge isn't going to derail you, but dropping into that spiral again might. You are in control of how you react to events that you can't control.