Dreaming of sugar and carbs haha

Options
HeatherAshh
HeatherAshh Posts: 27 Member
This is my second time trying low carb. And last night I had a dream about eating all the bad stuff. It's exactly the type of dreams I had last time I was on low carb. This is the weirdest thing ever, especially that it seems to be happening again lol

Replies

• lauriepthatsme1972
    lauriepthatsme1972 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How low are you going? There's a group on Facebook called LCHF you can follow. I keep my (net) carbs below 20 per day. Up your sodium and the cravings will subside.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm always dreaming about French pastries. Sigh.
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Is your goal to lose weight? If so, low carb isn't necessary. Just focus on a caloric deficit. Maybe the dreams will go away too :)
  • HeatherAshh
    Options
    How low are you going? There's a group on Facebook called LCHF you can follow. I keep my (net) carbs below 20 per day. Up your sodium and the cravings will subside.

I joined one on fb, maybe it is the one you are talking about. It is so helpful, but I've found that summer has been so hard to keep with it! I'm still getting used to figuring out the fiber with he carbs and calculating everything. Yesterday in was doing pretty good until I ate watermelon and beef jerky. But today is a new day lol
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I used ketosis-level low carb to lose over 60 lbs a couple years ago over a period of six months. I had these dreams early on, but they subsided. Make certain to take a multivitamin (and a potassium supplement) as well as enough daily fiber and those should help.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    This is my second time trying low carb. And last night I had a dream about eating all the bad stuff. It's exactly the type of dreams I had last time I was on low carb. This is the weirdest thing ever, especially that it seems to be happening again lol

so why do it if you know you cant sustain it...?
  • HeatherAshh
    Options

so why do it if you know you cant sustain it...?

It was easy when I was working, now im off work for summer and cookouts and drinking happened, so I didn't just fall off, I jumped. But I'm cool now, using my time wisely
  • Antd420
    Antd420 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

When I do low carbs, a couple nights a week I get up and eat a peanut butter and banana sandwich and not remember doing it.
  • HeatherAshh
    Options
    Antd420 wrote: »

When I do low carbs, a couple nights a week I get up and eat a peanut butter and banana sandwich and not remember doing it.

Omg crazy! I believe it, carbs are addictive
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

55964327.jpg
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    No, not Facebook, here on MFP there is a Low Carb High Fat group. It is also very helpful.
  • Antd420
    Antd420 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

Do the EC stack on a low carb diet, it works really good for me.
  • Narwhalicornucopia
    Narwhalicornucopia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same dream. The difference is that I can feel the guilt and self-disappointment even in the dream. Then when I wake up to find the pastry gorging wasn't real, I'm happy as punch!