should I fight for him ?

Options
We met at a very young age back in public school grade 5. He chased me around the school yard begging me for a hug that's when it all started. We grew up together dating every year on and off until grade 9, when we decided to take things serious. On our first anniversary he gave me a promise ring and from there we were high school sweethearts. It was a love that nothing in our peer group could compare to. When high school ended we lost a very close friend and it drifted as apart. I took off to college and we remained loyal to each other. The distance was very hard on us. Eventually his family started to play a large roll in his decisions pushing him farther and farther away from me. In my second year of college he decided to go to a university in a whole other town and we still managed to do the distance. No matter what life gave us we worked with it. We fought all the time, while in school I'd get crazy jealous and eventually he stopped trusting me we started to fade our stress was over top because we were both in school and so far away from everything we ever knew. Our relationship went south really quickly and we both have our faults. In my final year of school and his second he decided to end things. And just like that cold turkey I lost my best friend. My lover. My baby my soal mate... he was my everything. When I saw him post pictures on line with other girls it killed me. But never did I act on it. I just did my own thing and I tried to find myself so I could grow individually and move on. In total we dated for 6 years if you wanna add public school it'd be around 11. It's now going on the 9th months i've been apart from him and I still love him so dearly. We didn't talk for months, he didn't even wish me a merry Christmas... nothing but when his birthday came around I had to message him I didn't tell him how much I missed him but I just hoped he was doing well. He did the same when my birthday passed and eventually came home for the summer. Now he's back home in my town and I run into him often. At the gym or the bar and every time I see him my heart skips a beat. I get thoes crazy butterflys like I used to back in grade 5.. finally one night he saw me at the bar and came over to talk to me. We ended up leaving and he poured his heart out to me. Said he still cares and he loves me and a whole lot of deep personal stuff. But... he also said that he has a girlfriend and that he would leave her. That was about a month ago now. I still gave him space because I knew we couldn't just rush back into our old relationship. But I guess he never left her and now I'm stuck because I'm so madly in love with him and I know he doesn't care about her the way he cares about me. Last night we hungout, I felt like my life was back in harmony again. When we said bye he gave me a tight hug. I miss him so much we have so much history together. I've never truly fought for him and I need help! Ladies, gentile men please what would you do if you were me? Do I fight for that love back? I've tried to move on but I can't because my heart is still with him. I know we have a young love but that doesn't make it any less potent. It just makes it more confusing!!! G+J=♡♡♡

Replies

• bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I agree with others you shouldn't have to "fight". Talk to him see what he DOES because actions are louder than words and if he doesn't leave her current girlfriend then he is not serious enough about being with you. And maybe y'all should start courting instead of just dating. Also how do you know if he is even the same person you used to know ... Your in love with the you met and dated way back when and you guys have been apart from each other for sometime and people change to keep that in consideration. Often when time has pass people only really remember the good times.., so are you only having selective memory? I hope all works out. Either way you will be happy
  • SassyMommasaurus
    SassyMommasaurus Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Move on, the first love hurts the most but I swear there are more out there, better out there. If he's talking about leaving a girl for you (and not doing it) he's never going to and he's just pulling you along, you shouldn't want a guy who would dump a girl for another one anyway because someday that could be you.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    All the makings of a great country and western song.