What to drink besides water? iced tea ideas?

Options
Do you want to share what you drink besides water? I recently quit diet coke, and I am trying to avoid artificial sugar, so I'm looking for any ideas. I love herbal teas, but I will definetely melt if I drink tea in this weather.
I am not super familiar with iced teas, but if you know of any flavors that are good, please share.
thanks a lot, have a great 4th of July!!

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    My momhas been an unsweetened Ice Tea drinker for years. Lipton is honestly the best and they have tons of naturally flavored ice tea brews available. If you REALLY want to get into ice tea buy an ice tea maker (MAYBE $30 at walmart I know they are always on sale during the summer) my mom used to make suntea, now that she has this she'll never go back, in 20 min she has 2 quarts of brewed, cooled, drinkable ice tea
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    I use Celestial seasons berry flavored herbal tea, make it double strength, steep it for 5 mins then pour it over the same amount of ice.Delicious. You can do that with any herbal tea as well.:smile:
  • courtneylwatson
    courtneylwatson Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I love iced peppermint tea, though I do use sugar in it. It does not need as much sugar as regular sweet tea.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I have always been a huge water person just plain old cold water, I have
    discovered and become addicted to adding chunks of orange's, peach's.
    lemon, melon to my water, I leave it in the glass all day and just add more
    ice and water.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I get those little packs that you can add into the water. Right now I have iced tea with lemon and cherry.. They are good and only 5 calories!!! I got them at Family Dollar for $1 for a box of 8 (either 6 or 8.. can't remember exactly)
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you make iced tea (any kind-- I love a combination of black and green, and you can buy big packs of both for not too much), add frozen berries to it to keep it cool. Raspberries and blackberries are a personal favorite, but really, any frozen fruit works, too. This is also fabulous in a nice shiraz, but wine has a lot more calories than unsweetened tea. :heart:
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I drink only water unless I crave a soda, then I like Zevia. It is a stevia sweetened soda. I like the ginger rootbeer, ginger ale and their Dr. Pepper version is very good. The lemon lime kind of had an after taste. They also have cola, orange, cream soda, grape. It is spendy so I usually have a couple cans a week.
  • Trulyfree
    Trulyfree Posts: 21
    Options
    I drink Uncle Lee's Organic Green Tea (1 teabag steeped in 16oz boiled water for about 10 minutes) and then add 1 Tbsp of honey and stir well. If you don't want it hot, then let it cool down and then refrigerate. Tastes great either way! Totally compensates for my craving for a sugary drink. Now Coke isn't so appealing anymore! Remember to give yourself time to adjust to the taste of a new drink and natural sweetener. It may take a few days. :)
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I get those little packs that you can add into the water. Right now I have iced tea with lemon and cherry.. They are good and only 5 calories!!! I got them at Family Dollar for $1 for a box of 8 (either 6 or 8.. can't remember exactly)

Unfortunantly that is not real tea. That is artificial sweeteners flavored to taste similar to tea. There are loads of benefits to drinking real tea that you are missing out on. Including it being a natural detox (without sugar) to rid your body of toxins. Youre best bet is to stick with decafe though.... I failed to mention that earlier :) And REAL unsweetened tea is 0 cals :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Just use whatever your favorite hot tea is, brew it and add cold water and ice. I like green and white teas. I usually like sweetness in drinks, but with green and white tea I don't use any added sweeteners. Some people don't like the taste of green tea, but white tea is milder and still has the antioxidant benefits. I agree with the people who suggest adding fruit to your water. Cucumber is another good one to try. :drinker:
  • BonitaAppleBomb87
    Options
    I'm not sure if you're into the whole bland type food and beverages.. But I myself I love McDonalds unsweetened tea.. It's 0 calories and it keep me hydrated when I'm tired of water.. I also just discovered a low cal drink the other day.. It's called ocean spray cranberry and/or pomegranate sparkling juice it's only 10 cals.. Hope this helped :-)
  • phil412
    phil412 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like Vitamin Water Zero (no artifical sweetners) and fruity iced teas like ginger peach or ambrosia plum with a packet of Truvia in it.

3422667.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I was a t a greek resturante the other day and they had ice water with sliced cucumbers in it... YUM! So refreshing!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I allow myself a sugar free Rockstar energy drink (in the cute pink can - with a straw!) a few times a week. I love these and will drink one everyday if I don't watch myself. I try and be good because even though it is sugar free, I know it isn't very good for me.

The rest of the time I drink plain ole water.
  • ellieahearn
    ellieahearn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have lipton chai latte. Box of 8, 110 calories per serving or V8 juice about 117
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea. I get the real stuff from an organic health food store.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I pretty much stick to water.

However, I will drink Propel Zero and Gatorade and Powerade every now and then.
  • misslauren88
    misslauren88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like PC's sparkling fruit juices. But only as a once-in-a-while treat when you're tired of water. My favourites are apple, peach mango, and cranberry pomegranite. They're so yummy and fizzy, and a great substitute when you're craving pop they come in a small redbull sized can. Plus it has all real ingredients and the only thing added is a little vitamin c and (of course) bubbly carbon dioxide. My boyfriend and I have been substituting them for coke for a while now, it's the first thing I reach for in my fridge when I come home from a hot day out because sometimes I just want something fizzy.
  • passionteaaddict
    passionteaaddict Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hi- i've become a tazo passion tea junkie. starbucks got me hooked but i found the tazo bags in whole foods.(much cheaper!) i use 4 teabags and it makes enough to fill my nalgene bottle that holds 32 oz at least twice, maybe more depending on how much ice i use. i got my iced tea maker at bed bath and beyond for under 20 dollars.