40's and fabulously fabulous

Options
Hi MFP world! Looking to have a few new positive, motivating friends to live a healthier lifestyle and learn to control stress! I'm starting to see how stress is controlling my health and I want to learn new ways to control it and to be healthier! Friend me if you're serious about making your life a healthy mission!

Replies

• eir_ley
    eir_ley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am also in my 40's and am wanting to lead a healthier lifestyle. Just started this in the past week.
  • beskytter
    beskytter Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    45 here and results are showing counting macros. I am always looking for motivation and giving motivation. Especially when the chocolate calls my name ;)
  • cmpeeblesmfp
    cmpeeblesmfp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also in my 40's and just starting!
  • 44to44
    44to44 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    43 here and not feeling so fabulously fabulous, but hoping to get there! This is my first week. Feel free to add me. :-)
  • Wannabmarathoner
    Wannabmarathoner Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I will add you!
  • SWaffird
    SWaffird Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 in October..does that count? I've done MFP previously and had success and for some reason...strayed!
    I had back surgery in January after 4 years of agony and 'am on such an AMAZING road! However, I gained 13 lbs (adding to my 20 lbs to lose!) since having had surgery! I'm wanting to jump in and do the best that I can and focus on being healthy!
  • lyne118
    lyne118 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hmm 50 here do I just qualify ? Lol just started this week so new friends would be great :)
  • jamescurrie75
    jamescurrie75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    40 and slowing down, must go faster.
  • mcdonagk
    mcdonagk Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I’m 42 and really enjoying the buzz of keeping fit and healthy. The only downside to all this is the lack of Beer in my life.
  • jaxgetshealthy
    jaxgetshealthy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 44 and so determined to drop 21 pounds and get my bounce back. I'm an emotional eater and realise that my way forward is to handle stress better by eating better and getting fitter. I'm looking for friends. Please add me and we can motivate each other.
  • adriahernandez29
    adriahernandez29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Just started yesterday. Mom of four. Getting close to 40. Want to look and feel fabulous when I get there
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi

Not looking for friends but thought I'd pop in and say good luck and you can get there. Use that stubborness and life experience and turn it inwards . I started at 47 as an obese, asthmatic couch potato and with calorie control, moving more and a good progressive weights programme

<- 49 year old gym bunny :)
  • mr_electrician
    mr_electrician Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    43 and already lost 24 pounds in 6 months.

Add me if you like.
  • Playball549
    Playball549 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    48 and I am in the maintaining stage. This is harder than when I was losing weight. Anyone feel free to add me if you want an active and motivated friend.
  • Derek_McC
    Derek_McC Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    47 and just starting out. I have been yo-yo-ing in my weight from 220 to 240 over the last several years and it is getting harder to keep off the weight. I love to cook but I have the problem that I like to eat while I am cooking and I am sure that this is really adding the calories. It is time to get some friendly motivation. I like to ride my bike and go the the gym (very inconsistently). Looking for motivating friends if anyone wants to add me.
  • Latucker21
    Latucker21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Just hit 49 and want to my life back - only a better version. Working hard to get there after a rough couple years emotionally. Down 13 lbs in my first month. I need to keep this motivation for the long haul, (I'm much better at motivating others), so please feel free to add me as well.
  • JW_Reece
    JW_Reece Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    44 Years young here and at the very beginning of my weight loss journey. Make no mistake, it's certainly not my FIRST one, but I firmly believe it's my last one. I've reached the point in my life (and age) where I'm tired of being discplined, motivated, and in control of everything in my life EXCEPT my weight/health. I've forever battled letting this control me.

Looking for inspiring and motivating friends to network with who share a similar journey or goal!

Jeffery
  • mcginger1
    mcginger1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Been on MFP for a few years now, but finally "got it" over the last year. Adjusted to the lifestyle instead of a diet. (And the profile pic is a funny meme... I'm a 41 yr old chick.) :smiley: Feel free to add me.
  • steeliebob
    steeliebob Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I fall into this group too .... although as I am learning, some days feel like a decade earlier and a few a decade later :) Almost two years into this journey now. Been on cruise control for a bit now, but trying to get motivated to lose my last few for current goal and transition into a full maintain / recomp mode. Don't have many on the friends list that are active any longer and I find following others' efforts helps me stay on track. My diary is open, but admittedly quite boring as I often have little meal prep time. Please feel free to add me as well and best wishes for a successful story to all here!
  • ddoud71
    ddoud71 Posts: 2,741 Member
    Options
    45 here, but I've never felt better. Add me