20-something year old weight loss group

Options
I've heard that after about 25 years old your metabolism drastically slows down, making it a lot harder to lose or even maintain weight. I'm looking to meet other men and women who are in my age range who are facing difficulties with their weight and would like some extra motivation. Best wishes on your journey, whatever it may be.

-Lydia

Replies

• VeggieMaiden
    VeggieMaiden Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am currently 25 with about 30 pounds to lose and finding it tough! I lost 2 stone a couple of years ago and have managed to maintain...sort of!
    I need someone to motivate me to exercise otherwise I wont do anything!
  • missthang11205
    missthang11205 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am currently 25 with about 30 pounds to lose and finding it tough! I lost 2 stone a couple of years ago and have managed to maintain...sort of!
    I need someone to motivate me to exercise otherwise I wont do anything!

Hey! I'm 27. I put on 30 lbs in the last year alone so I need to tackle that. Ultimately I would like to lose at least 100 lb to bring me to about 130 lb. That'll probably take me over a year. If I can get that first 30 and maybe 20 more lb off by the end of the year I'd be estatic.
  • justkris_gettingfit
    justkris_gettingfit Posts: 239 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @missthang11205 Our age and goals are the same :) ! I'd like to lose at least half of it by the end of the year as well.
  • missthang11205
    Options
    @missthang11205 Our age and goals are the same :) ! I'd like to lose at least half of it by the end of the year as well.

I just sent you a message before reading this. Awesome-sauce! Yeah so we can work on this goal together.

What type of exercise do you plan to do? I want to power walk on my treadmill at least 3 days a week for 30 minutes. Also, I'm gonna do some short (maybe 10 minutes) workouts on Youtube. Fitness blender has a channel with loads of videos both long and short. Check it out. Maybe we could try a similar regimen.
  • JasmineBurns
    JasmineBurns Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and I'm looking to loose 33lbs :) I've put on the 33lbs over the course of 1 and a half years and I've found it so difficult to loose weight over the last year and really need some motivation as I stick at it for a week and then give up. It's a constant cycle :(
  • StopDropAndRoll
    StopDropAndRoll Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 I'm in!
  • HeatherAshh
    HeatherAshh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    In 26 and need to lose 50lbs. I've gained so much from stress and graduate school, it's ridiculous
  • kacobens
    kacobens Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and trying to lose about 45lbs that I gained in the past year /: I've started Kayla Itsines' BBG Guide to tone up, too! Trying to reach my goal by the end of the year and could use some support from more people around my age!
  • AshleighAnn72
    AshleighAnn72 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and have IBS since I was 15. So I've pretty much had a very slow metabolism since then. Still losing weight though. 1 stone so far.
    Feel free to add me anyone :)
  • jasminec1102
    jasminec1102 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and I have 60 pounds to lose. Trying to reach my goal is about 1 year.
  • TrishAndGirls
    TrishAndGirls Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey this is an awesome idea. I'm 25 years old with about 100 pounds to lose and I've never heard that its harder for people our age so that's good to know! I've Ben struggling with my weight since, well, forever lol I need to lose it for my family and for myself as it has created some medical problems. Seems like no matter what I do it isn't working! Feel free to add me everyone! I love to help motivate people and could use some kind words and motivation myself. :-)
  • zimzamzum
    zimzamzum Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm a 24 year old woman with 105 lbs to lose. Would love some support and motivation
  • abtdevon
    abtdevon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 with about 10 pounds to lose but these last 10, I'm finding, are the hardest!
  • justkris_gettingfit
    justkris_gettingfit Posts: 239 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I just sent you a message before reading this. Awesome-sauce! Yeah so we can work on this goal together.

What type of exercise do you plan to do? I want to power walk on my treadmill at least 3 days a week for 30 minutes. Also, I'm gonna do some short (maybe 10 minutes) workouts on Youtube. Fitness blender has a channel with loads of videos both long and short. Check it out. Maybe we could try a similar regimen.

I honestly havent a clue. I wanted to get back into running, but I seem to have a severe lack of motivation as far as working out goes, which is odd to me seeing how I used to be a gym rat and a running junkie before I gained all the weight. I'll have to check out that channel though! Maybe it'll peak my interest. As for now I'm focused mainly on healthy eating as my main weightloss plan.
  • candacem1991
    candacem1991 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 25 and need to lose about 40lbs to get to my goal. I was never really thin growing up but I was okay sitting around the 160 mark but once I got married and started having kids (three kids later lol) I packed on the pounds. I have already lost 62lbs but I've been stuck for a while just basically maintaining.
  • sammispatz92
    sammispatz92 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and I have about 30 more pounds to lose... I'm down about 17lbs from my highest weight. Good luck!!!
  • missthang11205
    Options
    In 26 and need to lose 50lbs. I've gained so much from stress and graduate school, it's ridiculous

I'm just starting a master's program now. I know if I don't do something to counteract it now, I will just put on more weight and soon it'll be like an impossible task to take off. We have to do this while we are still young.
  • missthang11205
    Options
    kacobens wrote: »
    I'm 22 and trying to lose about 45lbs that I gained in the past year /: I've started Kayla Itsines' BBG Guide to tone up, too! Trying to reach my goal by the end of the year and could use some support from more people around my age!

The guide seems kind of pricey. Let me know how it goes. I'm willing to invest if it is effective.

• missthang11205
    Options
    I'm 23 and have IBS since I was 15. So I've pretty much had a very slow metabolism since then. Still losing weight though. 1 stone so far.
    Feel free to add me anyone :)

Yeah it sucks when you have an illness that makes it even harder to lose weight. I was diagnosed and suffered from depression, then bipolar, for the last three years. Not only do you lose motivation for all aspects of life but then you are put on medications that make it easier for you to put on weight. It's really a battle on many fronts.

• missthang11205
    Options
    I'm 24 and I have about 30 more pounds to lose... I'm down about 17lbs from my highest weight. Good luck!!!

Congrats! Keep up the good work. What has been working for you?