Stomach sticks out abnormally(pic)

Options

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Op- can you speak with your parents about this concern ? I know you said you've already been tested for fibroids but I'm concerned the doctor could've missed something. Although you have no fibroids , its possible that something else could be going on like a food sensitivity . I don't want to scare you so its probably best that you speak to your parents and a doctor.
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I hope the OP comes back.
  • paulajobelle
    paulajobelle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse and I have seen this alot with people with digestive issues and would recommend that you see a doctor ASAP. I also think (unfortunately) that you have to be pretty aggressive to get your needs met-DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    This is still circulating? Have you been to a doctor? Seriously, go already
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    5'8" and 163 is still kind of a lot of fat, most likely, perhaps you just hold it around the middle, but that belly looks like either you are sticking it out (all my kids can do this) or are pregnant.

If it is bloated with gas, all the time, that's odd and you should get checked out. As so many others have noted, digestive problems are nothing to mess around with. That's how your body gets nutrition. Go to the doctor.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    My uncle has an enlarged spleen and has a big belly as a result. He is a skinny guy so it looks weird. Doctor for sure.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It may just be bloating. My stomach gets like that when I am bloated. Ever since I had my gallbladder removed I have a hard time with bloating. You could try some over the counter medications to help with gas and see if that relieves it and stay away from foods that cause bloating. If that doesn't relieve it then I would go to a doctor.
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Kkallisti wrote: »
    Mine does that too- it's just where my body deposits fat, in addition to have weak abdominal muscles from not getting fitter sooner. I am 5'9" and 128lbs (with muscle!), and it's till there. I am seeing a lot of progress from heavy core weight training and some endurance cardio, for me it is just all bodyfat even though I am small elsewhere.

That being said, my belly is clearly fat. It's flabby, wiggly, and soft. I can flex and feel my abs buried under the fat pocket, but it is NOT firm in and of itself. Don't panic, but be aware of the fact that this isn't 100% normal. I say go examine your eating habits, go back to your doctor, and ask for a few tests to be done just to clear your mind. If it is something bad, you'll catch it. If it isn't, you can rest easy knowing that you just have a body that likes to pad your baby-bunker.

I'm just gonna ask - are you saying the belly In your profile pic is comparable to the one the OP posted?

Yes, I am flexing like a mother in my profile pic. When I relax, I have a big lump. It's very frustrating, I made that picture my profile in hopes that I would one day look like that while relaxing.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You should... you know... probably see a doctor for something like this. Just throwing that out there.

That, or stand up straight. :|
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have this issue as well, it always looks like I am pregnant unless I suck it constantly. I'm 5'3'' 172 so overweight, but I've had this "prego" belly for quite some time.
    I haven't been to the doctor to confirm but I'm pretty sure it's bloating or something from IBS, my bowel movements aren't normal (sometimes I'll go 2+ days without even having the urge to go to the bathroom - last week it was over 4 days and I got worried and took two exlax (problem solved a day later.))
    I also am pretty confident I have a gallbladder issue, that has been causing me pains, don't know if it would contribute to the belly fat issue though.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Any tests or imaging done?
  • JosetteGetsFit
    JosetteGetsFit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You should see a doctor. ❤️
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    htimpaired wrote: »
    Any tests or imaging done?

That's what I was going to ask too
  • lovebirb
    lovebirb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i used to have this problem before recomposition... at 125lbs i was eating tons of carbs, caused bloating, fat in that area, and along with my spine curvature (my normal posture, looks like you have similar posture). it always looked like i was 4 mo. pregnant and skinny everywhere else
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing had a ct scan which shows an enlarge uterus( not prego) now waiting on a abdominal scan. You need to ask for tests to be done don't let the doctor fob you off demand testing.
  • JosetteGetsFit
    JosetteGetsFit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just realized this was an old post. I too have this but it is from a fibroid tumor and was diagnosed by a CT scan and OBGYN. If it's not gone by now and your on point with diet and exercise I would go get another opinion. Feel free to add me if you want.
    You should see a doctor. ❤️

• blackmantis
    blackmantis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    take a pregnancy test. :-/
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    take a pregnancy test. :-/

of course a MFP male member named blackmantis would say this.. ;)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Doctor confirmed it is just weight.

Easy people, OP came back....