Why can't I girl??

Options
cuckoo_jenibeth
cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
I just had a full 20 minute tutorial with my hairstylist to learn how to put my hair in a ponytail...yup, 44 years old & have never concurred the most basic updo! I sped home, rushed right to the bathroom to repeat these seemingly easy steps...the right side fell out before I left the room! 2 elastics, 13 Bobby pins & yet no luck!
How have you all learned to do these amazing styles I see you rocking at the mall, the pool, everywhere??
Halppp!!

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Is it possible you're a dude?
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I grew up learning how to do flamboyant hairstyles on myself. The perk of being Nigerian. Too bad I only rock a hobo like bun these days.

But yeah YouTube and Pinterest is your best friend.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I am like this, with heels; that aren't wedges or chunk, I can stand in them but I can't walk or run, in them. It's awful because the sexist heels're all stiletto!
  • PennyBrew
    PennyBrew Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! It's a good thing my hair is long so I can toss it up in a bun that looks semiprofessional at work or I would be in major trouble. And forget trying to figure out makeup. I end up looking either like my face is melting or Bozo.
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I think I need a tutorial on how to put my hair in one of those claws. It looks more like I just woke up. Now I'm accustomed to that look so thats how I wear it lol.
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Hot rollers and a curling wand are my best friend when it comes to trying to pretty things up. The best ponytails IMO are achieved by flipping your head over and gathering the hair then just tying it with the elastic. You can adjust the height from there. The messy look is in : D
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

Some of the best looking hair I've ever seen has been on dudes.

bun_alaya_2.jpg
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I totally suck at that kind of stuff too - my current hairstyle being a case in point. Never got the hang of make up either....
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

Invited the husband to take a closer look...we have definitely ruled that out! Lol!
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm like this with make up. Honestly I just cannot work it out! I can do my hair though,its long and has always needed some taming that my mother wasn't often willing to do!
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I am rubbish at doing my hair :(
    I also struggle somewhat with putting it up into a pony so I'm afraid there is no hope for me lol iv tried to learn how to do stuff but my hair doesn't behave most of the time.
    Wash n go then pull the straighteners through it and hope for the best
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    I can't do anything with my hair either. Though I've yet to actually try anything
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    I can't do anything with my hair either. Though I've yet to actually try anything

I actually just snorted from laughing so hard!
    @pie_eyes -- you always make my day! You're amazing!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Don't you just pull it back and slap in an elastic for a pony?
    I can do a bun with a donut in like 30 seconds with no pins, just the donut, hair net and 3 elastics. Hair net is really only if you want it super tidy. I can even make it with so much gel and spray that you can take it out and have a pony with no elastics!

But ya check youtube
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    I'm hopeless beyond a basic pony and messy bun.
    But I can do heels :)
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I make a terrible girl. Can't do anything with my hair, can barely put on mascara. Dread any event that calls for a "hairstyle". So, I'm no help but at least you aren't alone. :)
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    qm7o3tb4i20n.png

But why?
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    qm7o3tb4i20n.png

But why?

NO POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS !!!!!
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    qm7o3tb4i20n.png

But why?

NO POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS !!!!!

I don't get it? It's a guy with a messy bun. Nothing less, nothing more.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    Options
    I am forever surprised at the carp that flies under the radar, then something like that gets flagged!? Mystery to me, too!