Russian roulette (muscle confusion) challenge!!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    psulemon wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I did upside down deadlifts today. It twas quite confusing.

Which was upside down? You or the deadlifts?

Both, *kitten* was intense, yo.

#BeastMode

#HaveYouSeenTheseBuns

Unfortunately.

#hoggedthemtoyourself

LMFAO!
  • mathewscarlett
    mathewscarlett Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    shor0814 wrote: »
    13 exercises randomly chosen by me, with with some random number of reps, done in some random order chosen by a deck of cards is now a good program?

What if I pick 13 leg workouts for 1 rep or maybe only work my "pulling" muscles? Your workout lacks criteria and guidance necessary for a quality workout.

Your right. I apologize. I should of been more specific. I recommend making a full body workout. And the amount of reps - with weights do sets of 10 reps, and calisthenics do 25 to 50 reps "depending on what you are doing". And if you like the workout, you can make a couple of these workouts and alternate them.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    You'd be far better served putting your effort into further educating yourself that defending pointless random workouts.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    13 exercises randomly chosen by me, with with some random number of reps, done in some random order chosen by a deck of cards is now a good program?

What if I pick 13 leg workouts for 1 rep or maybe only work my "pulling" muscles? Your workout lacks criteria and guidance necessary for a quality workout.

Your right. I apologize. I should of been more specific. I recommend making a full body workout. And the amount of reps - with weights do sets of 10 reps, and calisthenics do 25 to 50 reps "depending on what you are doing". And if you like the workout, you can make a couple of these workouts and alternate them.

Except, if all of your upper body exercises work your triceps, and not your biceps, you'll end up with muscle imbalances. Same thing with quads/hamstrings. "Muscle confusion" won't fix these things.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options

So if I have weights I should use my 10RM for the weight or something less?

You can't make a workout program without putting some actual programming in place. You are leaving it up to beginners to design everything and using a deck of cards for the order. Not a good plan and potential recipe for disaster.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Example - (note - you dont have to use these specific workouts, you can make your own list.)

Ace - pushups - 25 reps
    2 - body squats - 50 reps
    3 - hammer curls with dumbbells - 10 reps
    4 - jumping jacks - 50 reps
    5 - mountain climbers - 25 reps
    6 - planks 1 minute
    7 - situps - 50 reps
    8 - leg lifts - 25 reps (lower abs )
    9 - lunges - 25 reps
    10 - pullups (all the way in) - 10 reps
    Jack - lawnmower pulls - 25 reps
    Queen - electric chair - 1 minute
    King - tricep extensions - 15 reps
    Joker - run in place for 1 minute.
    For my clients I've run a similar Deck 'O Cards challenge in a boot-camp setting. If I have an even number of participants then I will split the deck and make it more of team against team competition -- with the goal of one team beating the other. However, I don't use the same values as you do, or even the same exercise. For example, if you pull an 5 of diamonds, you will do 5 burpees etc.

Depending on the exercises, loads, and reps I select/program, I can either make it Metcon or more strength based session. These are fun and effective because it changes the exercise stimulus while engaging the participant's mind doing something different, but has zero to do with "muscle confusion."
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    #freethebunzpic
  • mathewscarlett
    mathewscarlett Posts: 51 Member
    Options

So if I have weights I should use my 10RM for the weight or something less?

You can't make a workout program without putting some actual programming in place. You are leaving it up to beginners to design everything and using a deck of cards for the order. Not a good plan and potential recipe for disaster.

It is a program. Because you make 2 or 3 of those workouts, and alternate them. Think about it. 54 cards counting the jokers. So that would be 4 sets of each workout. And 2 sets of the run in place. Now of course like any other program. Use progressive over load.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Do you have some sort of certification? What type of education do you have?
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    htimpaired wrote: »
    Do you have some sort of certification? What type of education do you have?

Yes. This.