Some people say....

Mveler
Mveler Posts: 274 Member
edited September 29 in Motivation and Support
Some people say 1/2 pound is a healthy loss, others say 2lbs is. (weekly I mean) but people within my exercise realm are posting 4lbs. I am sad with my 2 lbs this week. I thought toward the beginning I should post higher numbers, but I am only plugging away.

I need to eat better , that is for sure. I am a recipe girl! If I have a recipe I will make it. I am always looking for new and healthy. Any tips / meals for 350 and under would be great. Can be breakfast lunch or dinner!

I am headed to the market today and will buy the needed things for this week.

We need

7 breakfasts
7 lunches
7 dinners
and 7 snacks.

Help me out all!~! (my tastes vary nicely so there isn't much I don't like)

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Two pounds a week is great! The more you weigh, the more you will initially lose so keep at it and celebrate each pound! I'm glad to lose half a pound a week and don't always even get that. If you lose it really fast, it will be harder to keep off.
  • Mveler
    Thanks. I am not "mad" at the two pounds. Was just hoping for more. I originally weighed 225 so I figured the numbers would be higher in the beginning. I know in the end I will be happy with 2 lbs a week.

Thanks so much :)
  • A loss is a loss and you are going to find that some weeks you lose more than others and you may not be able to figure out why. Along your journey you also might go into a plateau - as many of us on here have. Don't get discouraged, this just may mean that whatever you are doing your body (metabolism) has got used to it and you need to do something to "shock" your system. You need to change up your exercise routine or look into zig zag calories - I haven't done that one but it seems to work for others.
    Good luck with everything and being on this site will definately help you as there are many people who have great advice.
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    I think you're doing great with 2 lbs/week! I only lose 1 lb a week, if that...

My breakfast of choice is greek yogurt with chia seed. Chia seed is great to fill you up as it expands. Greek yogurt has plenty of protein, too. I usually add a bit of milk, since the chia seed absorb the moisture. The whole thing is under 250 calories.
  • I know it's not 350 calories or lower, but check out this website. http://400caloriesorless.com/
    It's 400 calories or lower and it's brilliant. Lots and lots of ideas!! Also she posts exactly how many calories in the final product.

Good luck with your journey. 2lbs a week is perfect! Be proud of going down instead of going up!!
  • Mveler
    I know it's not 350 calories or lower, but check out this website. http://400caloriesorless.com/
    It's 400 calories or lower and it's brilliant. Lots and lots of ideas!! Also she posts exactly how many calories in the final product.

Good luck with your journey. 2lbs a week is perfect! Be proud of going down instead of going up!!

Thanks thanks thanks This will work nicely!
  • dreamer4
    dreamer4 Posts: 27
    Can I pass along a great suggestion I just got? THROW AWAY YOUR RECIPE BOOKS WITHOUT CALORIE INFORMATION IN THEM! ;-) Love ya. My husband is a gourmet chef....yup a chef...try loosing weight with him in the house...ugh! Anyways, as we were talking about calories in food it became very clear one thing....people who write cook books and people who cook food do so because they love the food and NOT because they have a weight issue (like I do--Big time). So yes I am in the process of pitching all my cook books. I have gotten some of ebay from weight watchers. I have gotten some off healthy living sites. The long a short of it is don't cook or eat something if you are guessing how many calories are in it.

The other thing I am learning is plan ahead.....Got me in big trouble this weekend at work. I had a realization this weekend while at work....OMG did you know how many calories are in even the smallest of the fast food hamburgers? I work home health so I am often stuck with fast food. Even the salads are loaded. Anyways...news to me. I NEVER thought a small hamburger would be over 300 calories or that their salads would have more calories in them than the small hamburger! WOW, what we learn along this road. ;-)

Web sites with recipes I have liked:
    http://www.smartbalance.com/recipes
    http://allrecipes.com/default.aspx?prop24=PN_1.0.0_TN.New-At-AR
    http://www.foodfit.com/recipes/recipe.asp?rid=948

allrecipes.com has a great phone app too. The weight watchers cook books are about half good and half bad.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    You are starting out only 2lb heavier than I was when I started. I was losing 2lbs a week consistently for about the first month and a half. Stick with what you are doing. I was the same way always wanting a little more weight loss. I don't know why logically I could get that, that was good, but emotionally, it was hard.

I do like the website allrecipes.com, they have lemon chicken tenders, and a Cambells, broccoli and beef recipe that are both delicious. The Broccoli and beef, I think is 294 per serving, but I also put a half of cup of white rice with it.

One other thing I read somewhere and it seems to help for me is; I set my ticker to move up and show my weight loss so far. I read that, it's helpful to do that instead of being overwelmed by such a big number to lose. I had 78 lbs to lose and I am more than half way there now.

Best wishes.
    You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • dlaplume2
    Can I pass along a great suggestion I just got? THROW AWAY YOUR RECIPE BOOKS WITHOUT CALORIE INFORMATION IN THEM! ;-) Love ya. My husband is a gourmet chef....yup a chef...try loosing weight with him in the house...ugh! Anyways, as we were talking about calories in food it became very clear one thing....people who write cook books and people who cook food do so because they love the food and NOT because they have a weight issue (like I do--Big time). So yes I am in the process of pitching all my cook books. I have gotten some of ebay from weight watchers. I have gotten some off healthy living sites. The long a short of it is don't cook or eat something if you are guessing how many calories are in it.

The other thing I am learning is plan ahead.....Got me in big trouble this weekend at work. I had a realization this weekend while at work....OMG did you know how many calories are in even the smallest of the fast food hamburgers? I work home health so I am often stuck with fast food. Even the salads are loaded. Anyways...news to me. I NEVER thought a small hamburger would be over 300 calories or that their salads would have more calories in them than the small hamburger! WOW, what we learn along this road. ;-)

Web sites with recipes I have liked:
    http://www.smartbalance.com/recipes
    http://allrecipes.com/default.aspx?prop24=PN_1.0.0_TN.New-At-AR
    http://www.foodfit.com/recipes/recipe.asp?rid=948

allrecipes.com has a great phone app too. The weight watchers cook books are about half good and half bad.

Great ideas. One other thought, If you have a recipe that you just would love to have, or try, put it in the recipe builder before you make it. Then you can decide if it is worth it.
    I work in a restaurant and the calories are required to be posted on the menu, it was very enlightening to look and see before you pick.
  • tuskegee4
    tuskegee4 Posts: 110 Member
    eatingwell.com
  • Mveler
    Thanks all great tips! I now have several recipes for this week. One had a meatloaf recipe I am sure my children will love!

How exactly is the recipe builder used? Just put in everything and it will tell you calories?
  • dlaplume2
    Thanks all great tips! I now have several recipes for this week. One had a meatloaf recipe I am sure my children will love!

How exactly is the recipe builder used? Just put in everything and it will tell you calories?

Yes. You put in all the ingredients for the entire recipe, Then you put in the number of servings you get from that recipe and it will tell you how many calories are in each serving. As long as they are evenly portioned and you have the correct number of portions it is pretty accurate. You can even go in and edit the recipes if you decide to tweek it a bit next time you make it, and update the calories.
  • CraigIW
    CraigIW Posts: 176
    www.skinnytaste.com is where I get my plans!
  • Mveler
    Thanks! :) You guys are fantabulous!!
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    hungrygirl.com has a ton of great recipes!
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Some people say 1/2 pound is a healthy loss, others say 2lbs is. (weekly I mean) but people within my exercise realm are posting 4lbs. I am sad with my 2 lbs this week. I thought toward the beginning I should post higher numbers, but I am only plugging away.

I need to eat better , that is for sure. I am a recipe girl! If I have a recipe I will make it. I am always looking for new and healthy. Any tips / meals for 350 and under would be great. Can be breakfast lunch or dinner!

I am headed to the market today and will buy the needed things for this week.

We need

7 breakfasts
    7 lunches
    7 dinners
    and 7 snacks.

Help me out all!~! (my tastes vary nicely so there isn't much I don't like)

Thanks in advance!

I have lost about 1/2 a pound a week for the last two years +. I'm pretty proud of that. I haven't stopped, like I usually do. I'm in it for the long haul.

Best,

Debbie
  • Mveler
    Have you guys tried this!! Omg it looks amazing

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/06/hash-brown-egg-white-nests.html
This discussion has been closed.