Looking for help --- Please!

Options
So i weighed in today for my 9th week and i was not happy. I was only down .8 after a steady 2-3 lb loss/week. Not sure what i did wrong or if i am just hitting that god forsaken plateau. I am very honest with my logging and use a heart rate montior to know exactly what i burn. My only downfall is that i am not very good at tracking my water intake - i do know i need to increase my water but the numbers in my log are not what i actually consume. Most days show zero because i forget to log it. I cut out the frozen prepared meals after seeing the high amounts of sodium. I am looking for any and all suggestions so my success so far does not stall. Please be honest but not brutal and thank you in advance for taking the time to help me. PS - my diary is open.

Replies

• SarahFauve
    Options
    A great way I found to make sure I was getting the water - which can really hinder weight loss - is to pre-fill water bottles. Also, the new recommendation for water intake is 1/2 your weight in water in ounces. So, find that number, and fill nalgene bottles or equivalent and know you have to drink those throughout the day.

Good luck!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I took a quick look at your diary and I think maybe you aren't eating enough calories. Alot of days you have several hundred left.
  • aschwieterman
    Options
    The water is important. I can pack on 2-3 lbs if I am not hydrated. I think your body starts hoarding water. That makes you want to eat more so you can get the water from the foods. My trick is to put 8 rubber/silly/bracelet bands on my arm. As I drink each glass of water, I take one off. It is great way to keep track. Although, it can be un-fashionable. :smile:
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    your ody has to rebound a little - if you have been losing steady, it will pick up again. Stay focused but dont get too caught up in the numbers, from time to time you are bound to level off for a few weeks. Hang in there.
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    The water is important. I can pack on 2-3 lbs if I am not hydrated. I think your body starts hoarding water. That makes you want to eat more so you can get the water from the foods. My trick is to put 8 rubber/silly/bracelet bands on my arm. As I drink each glass of water, I take one off. It is great way to keep track. Although, it can be un-fashionable. :smile:
    That is a great idea - and having two young kids - my house is certainly equipped with those! Thank you!
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You still lost .8 lbs...that is definitely not a Plateau - not even close!
  • robinsnest1963
    Options
    If you exercise, maybe beef it up a little here and there and make sure you drink your water! I know everyone's weight loss stalls for a little while, you just have to mix things up a little. Good luck and have faith it WILL go down again!
  • angelacasey736
    Options
    You still lost .8 lbs...that is definitely not a Plateau - not even close!
    Youre absolutely right and i am certainly happy it is still a loss. Im just jumping ahead so i dont get stalled or discouraged.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't let one bad week derail you from what you were doing right. I would suggest you start eating a little more gradually. You are not netting close to 1200 calories, with all the exercising you are doing. You might want to set yourself to lose 1lb a week instead of more. You have already lost 10% of your body weight.(woooohooooo) That is awesome, but it is completely normal for it to slow down a bit.

Keep on doing what you are doing. 25lbs means it is working.

Best wishes.
  • krissybug72
    krissybug72 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the thinner you get the harder it will be to lose. When you have a lot to lose in the beginning weight seems to "fall off". People then get discouraged when things slow down. However, this should be a lifestyle change and it will come off...Literally "slow and steady win the race"....
  • angelacasey736
    Options
    I wouldn't let one bad week derail you from what you were doing right. I would suggest you start eating a little more gradually. You are not netting close to 1200 calories, with all the exercising you are doing. You might want to set yourself to lose 1lb a week instead of more. You have already lost 10% of your body weight.(woooohooooo) That is awesome, but it is completely normal for it to slow down a bit.

Keep on doing what you are doing. 25lbs means it is working.

Best wishes.
    Thank you - i know there is a great debate about eating back the excercise calories - im just scared it may be too much for me. But i will try anything to continue my success. Thanks for your help :-)
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Taking a look at your food and exercise diary for the past month, two things popped out at me...the first, you may want to add something different to your exercises....your body tends to get used to the same thing, instead you need to challenge it and keep it guessing, perhaps jump rope, lift some weights, kick a soccer ball around, play catch anything different from your usualy routine. The second is maybe cut back on the wine consumption. Alcohol has an incredible amount of calories and it converts directly to sugar in your system. Try keeping it to one glass or alternating a glass of wine then a glass of water. I like my wine too, but cut way back when I started this weight loss journey because I was sabotaging myself. Once I did that, the weight started melting away. Good luck to you! You are still losing and that's a great accomplishment!! :happy:
  • angelacasey736
    Options
    Thank you all for your time, kind words, and encouragement. I sincerely appreciate it!