20-something year old weight loss group

Options

Replies

• Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,763 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and I love to eat food and workout.
  • missthang11205
    missthang11205 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 25 and need to lose about 40lbs to get to my goal. I was never really thin growing up but I was okay sitting around the 160 mark but once I got married and started having kids (three kids later lol) I packed on the pounds. I have already lost 62lbs but I've been stuck for a while just basically maintaining.

I was always a chubby kid. I can't imagine ever being thin but I want to get to a healthy weight range. What helped you lose the 62 lb? Any secrets or strategies that anyone has, please share.

• missthang11205
    Options
    @missthang11205 Our age and goals are the same :) ! I'd like to lose at least half of it by the end of the year as well.

I just sent you a message before reading this. Awesome-sauce! Yeah so we can work on this goal together.

What type of exercise do you plan to do? I want to power walk on my treadmill at least 3 days a week for 30 minutes. Also, I'm gonna do some short (maybe 10 minutes) workouts on Youtube. Fitness blender has a channel with loads of videos both long and short. Check it out. Maybe we could try a similar regimen.

I honestly havent a clue. I wanted to get back into running, but I seem to have a severe lack of motivation as far as working out goes, which is odd to me seeing how I used to be a gym rat and a running junkie before I gained all the weight. I'll have to check out that channel though! Maybe it'll peak my interest. As for now I'm focused mainly on healthy eating as my main weightloss plan.

I had a beginner gym rat phase too when I initially lost some weight four years ago. Never got into running though. That's really hard for me. I blame my thighs lol. I really like kickboxing and yoga though. They really worked for me. My knee is kind of messed up so I shouldn't really do kickboxing anymore but I would lie to get back into it.

Anyways, stay in touch. Everyone feel free to add me if I didn't already friend request you.

• missthang11205
    Options
    zimzamzum wrote: »
    Hey guys! I'm a 24 year old woman with 105 lbs to lose. Would love some support and motivation

Hey! I need to lose a little more than that ideally. Let me know how it goes.

Everyone, would you be interested in doing a weigh in every two weeks to see where we re with or goals? I think it would be a good way to celebrate each other or to give that extra motivation and encouragement to one another

• missthang11205
    Options
    Hey this is an awesome idea. I'm 25 years old with about 100 pounds to lose and I've never heard that its harder for people our age so that's good to know! I've Ben struggling with my weight since, well, forever lol I need to lose it for my family and for myself as it has created some medical problems. Seems like no matter what I do it isn't working! Feel free to add me everyone! I love to help motivate people and could use some kind words and motivation myself. :-)

Thanks for the add. Feel free to message me anytime. We are here for you. Now is definitely the time to work on your weight loss goals, especially if it is causing medical issues. Your doctors can advise you on helpful ways to lose weight. My old GP suggested adopting a mediterrean diet. I need to heed her advice more. It worked for me back then.

Also if anyone has like recipes they want to share that would be awesome. Any way that we could help one another.

• sammispatz92
    sammispatz92 Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm 24 and I have about 30 more pounds to lose... I'm down about 17lbs from my highest weight. Good luck!!!

Congrats! Keep up the good work. What has been working for you?

Thanks! I had some extreme problems with bingeing and emotional eating for almost 10 years.

As soon as I made the decision to stop, it was easier. ate more whole foods/plant based starches, reduced my meat consumption a little, joined a gym and STOPPED DEPRIVING MYSELF of CRAVINGS! If you know you can't have something, you want it more!! And don't punish yourself if you slip up, it will just make you feel guilty and likely lead to a binge (or three)

Also, I watched hours and hours of youtube videos for support, it really helped me feel less alone and less likely to make excuses!! (Kaylah cupcake and High carb Hannah are my favorites!)
  • Mom2Frankie
    Mom2Frankie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and I just restarted because I fell off the wagon and I would like to reach one-derland!
  • elizabeth_carolyn94
    elizabeth_carolyn94 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and trying to lose a lot of weight and the people I've befriended on here has really kept me motivated.
  • candacem1991
    candacem1991 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 25 and need to lose about 40lbs to get to my goal. I was never really thin growing up but I was okay sitting around the 160 mark but once I got married and started having kids (three kids later lol) I packed on the pounds. I have already lost 62lbs but I've been stuck for a while just basically maintaining.

I was always a chubby kid. I can't imagine ever being thin but I want to get to a healthy weight range. What helped you lose the 62 lb? Any secrets or strategies that anyone has, please share.

I just counted calories and exercised 5-6 days a week. I have always used fitness blender because all of their workouts are free online. I think my biggest down fall is if I have a cheat day I will bring all of the cravings for junk food back. I try to limit myself to one cheat meal a month. I have a really bad sweet tooth so I try to get low calorie sweets like skinny cow ice cream or even a really yummy protein bar. Good luck to everyone!!
  • Mz_CaT_92
    Mz_CaT_92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 24, I'm looking to lose over 100 pounds I definitely need some motivation/support you guys. Feel free to add me
  • missthang11205
    Options

I just counted calories and exercised 5-6 days a week. I have always used fitness blender because all of their workouts are free online. I think my biggest down fall is if I have a cheat day I will bring all of the cravings for junk food back. I try to limit myself to one cheat meal a month. I have a really bad sweet tooth so I try to get low calorie sweets like skinny cow ice cream or even a really yummy protein bar. Good luck to everyone!!

Yeah I find that if I go a while without sweets I crave it less. I quit soda back in high school and that was the best decision ever. I know a lot of people struggle with that. So many empty calories. I need to stop eating white bread and non whole wheat carbs. Also I'm going to start eating more fish : sardines, tuna, salmon as some of my go to's.

• frizztato
    frizztato Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 28, and need to lose about 40 pounds to get into the "normal" weight range. When I tell friends that I'm trying to lose weight, every single one says, "Oh no you don't!" Yes, yes I do. I'm considered "obese" and I want to get down to a weight where I'm comfortable before we seriously think about starting our family.
  • KatrinaDelRey
    KatrinaDelRey Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and looking to lose a good 30 lbs. I would love some motivational people to chat with!!
  • Natalierae886
    Natalierae886 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Im 23 and got 39lbs to lose. Add me :)
  • missthang11205
    Options
    I'm 28 and I just restarted because I fell off the wagon and I would like to reach one-derland!

I hope to join you in one-derland. It's been too long.

• missthang11205
    Options
    Mz_CaT_92 wrote: »
    I'm 24, I'm looking to lose over 100 pounds I definitely need some motivation/support you guys. Feel free to add me

We got you girl! I'm in the 100+ to lose club too. Let's do this!
  • sobriquethemingway
    sobriquethemingway Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 25 and have recently been diagnosed with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease so I'm trying to seriously shed the pounds before it leads to anything worse. My body clearly doesn't like me being this heavy (and I really am slowing down already). I would love to have people to support and to support me along the way ヾ(。・ω・。)
  • missthang11205
    Options
    Hello! I'm 25 and have recently been diagnosed with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease so I'm trying to seriously shed the pounds before it leads to anything worse. My body clearly doesn't like me being this heavy (and I really am slowing down already). I would love to have people to support and to support me along the way ヾ(。・ω・。)

Welcome! Anything you need from use, support wise, let us know!

How is everyone's day going?
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and have 97lbs to lose (lost 14lbs since j started at this)
    Anyone can add me if they like, the more the merrier right? x
  • missthang11205
    Options
    smence wrote: »
    I'm 25 and have 97lbs to lose (lost 14lbs since j started at this)
    Anyone can add me if they like, the more the merrier right? x

Welcome! Just requested you. Congrats on your weight loss and good luck going forward.