Challenge Group (New Members Welcome!!!) 7/4-7/10

Options
bmfrazie
bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
This thread is one in which a new fitness and dietary challenge is posted each week. The challenges begin on Monday. Lets keep this rolling!

Here are the challenges/format to post for this week: (ANY one can join in at ANY time!)
_________________________________________________________________________________________

FITNESS CHALLENGE:
Complete 100 Planks (ANY STYLE) this week. That’s an average of 14 Planks a Day (does not have to be consecutive). Please tell the group the time you are holding your plank for.

DIETARY CHALLENGE:
Stay Under Your Sugar Goal
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the format to post your updates and track your progress: (can be copy/pasted to post daily, weekly, whenever!)

MON –Planks: ## ~ Under Sugar: Y/N?
TUES – Planks: ## ~ Under Sugar: Y/N?
WED – Planks: ## ~ Under Sugar: Y/N?
THU – Planks: ## ~ Under Sugar: Y/N?
FRI – Planks: ## ~ Under Sugar: Y/N?
SAT – Planks: ## ~ Under Sugar: Y/N?
SUN – Planks: ## ~ Under Sugar: Y/N?

Total Planks: #/100
Total Days Under Sugar: #/7

Good luck! (water)

Replies

• Ginial1479
    Ginial1479 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted!!!
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    how can I do this too, sign me up!
  • missingkitty
    missingkitty Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    how long do you have to hold each plank for for it to be counted as one?
  • EmilyDezo
    EmilyDezo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    how long do you have to hold each plank for for it to be counted as one?

You can determine the time based on your fitness level 30 seconds would be the low end and 3 mins for the higher end. I plan on doing 1.5 mins for my holds. Please use the same time all week though and tell the group how long you are holding them for.
  • holdthefries
    holdthefries Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    yowza! 100 planks!! I'm scared.
  • missingkitty
    missingkitty Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    sounds good im in
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    well I have to go and google planks I guess lol. I have heard of planking not planks though
  • sundance2032
    sundance2032 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Once again I am stocking you. I think this is going to rock :)
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Trying to decide...I am doing another challenge with planks, so would just have to increase...
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    well I have to go and google planks I guess lol. I have heard of planking not planks though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz0oFaVGuh4
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    Trying to decide...I am doing another challenge with planks, so would just have to increase...

Or you could just count these planks towards the planks for the other challeng ;)
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    Heck yes, I am here for this! Although I am not sure about the sugar or how much I really need to watch it ... but I will try and keep it close. I just need to get back to the checking in with the challenges again. I have SUCKED lately!
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    can I ask what everyone is setting their sugar at. MFP has mine at 40. I have had some milk and a banana toady and that alone put it at 36. Not sure how I will go with the sugar as I have logged for the stuff i will eat today and way way way over 40.
    I am still losing weight so not sure if my sugar is affectring me too much as most seenms to come from dairy and fruit/veg

meant to add that I found a few articles that say about not counting the sugar in fruit and milk towards the goal that it is 40g max plus your fruit and milk. Grrr maybe this is why I dont track sugar but fibre instead
  • snickers14
    snickers14 Posts: 21
    Options
    Sounds good - I am very keen to join in!
  • themurph8910
    themurph8910 Posts: 124
    Options
    sounds good to me I am in!
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    i'm in too, will be starting with beginner planks, how long do you hold one plank for? what exercise can you log them as?
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    ooo I'm in...going to aim for 30 second planks! I also am raising my sugar goal a little bit above what mfp sets...I eat too much fruit to stay under that!
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Okay, this should be interesting. I've never watched my sugar or done planks, but I'm game.
  • mireiabelle
    Options
    i'm in!!