Man bun or no man bun, that is the question.

Options

Replies

• 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    The messy, careless, just getting this *kitten* off my face man bun is like freaking pheromones. Especially on a tall savage of a man.

Even the perfectly coifed ponytails are hot. Think Orlando Bloom, Johnny Depp, and freaking Jared Leto!

But the weird fade perfectly and tightly packed top buns that are getting popular is just like wtf? Idk if it's called a fade but when they've got a square patch of hair and the sides and bottom are shaved. The actually cut is nice but the added bun is just weird.
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    My step son wears his in a man bun and it is literally all I can do not to tell him that he looks silly....I love him though and I wouldn't hurt his feelings for anything so I stifle my impulse to comment. His hair is super fine so the "bun" looks more like a little thumb up on the back of his head.
  • 285to170
    Options
    My step son wears his in a man bun and it is literally all I can do not to tell him that he looks silly....I love him though and I wouldn't hurt his feelings for anything so I stifle my impulse to comment. His hair is super fine so the "bun" looks more like a little thumb up on the back of his head.

Lol its what all the cool kids are doing these days. Just roll with it and take lots of pictures so you can clown him about it when he's older and wiser.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've known a couple guys who wore them really well - both had curly hair and were kinda artsy - it just 'fit' their persona. I've also seen guys with man buns that seemed like an attempt to disguise poor hygiene and guys who have failed at jumping on a trend. Totally depends on the situation
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I think some men can look extremely hot that way. But also, it's none of my damn business how they wear their hair. I wouldn't want to critique a guy's appearance any more than I would want a guy to judge me based on my boobs or butt.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    MissTattoo wrote: »
    mmm I love me some man buns. Especially the messy ones. I've always loved long hair on a man.

ntifmw75ar5u.jpg

5s95phs3c4hh.png

Be still my beating heart! /drools

It honestly does nothing for me. Lol
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of long hair on a guy in general.
  • lesamcmahon
    lesamcmahon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The man bun is seriously sexy... but it definitely takes the right kind of man.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm not into the bun, I keep seeing the pics and going wow that guy is really hot.............if only he didn't have that bun. I've never been a fan of long hair on men. Fabio............yuck lol.
  • 285to170
    Options
    mmm I love me some man buns. Especially the messy ones. I've always loved long hair on a man.

ntifmw75ar5u.jpg

5s95phs3c4hh.png

This dude is like dreaaaaaaams! He's like 6'5 and a *kitten* Adonis! I was so tempted to post his pics but didn't want to seem like a stalker creeper.

Guess it's too late now huh...
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options

It honestly does nothing for me. Lol[/quote]

Nope....me either....so much better clean cut....but that's just me. To each their own.[/quote]

Exactly. To each their own. Clean cut men do nothing for me. lol I need facial hair so I don't feel like I'm gawking at a teenager.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    285to170 wrote: »

ntifmw75ar5u.jpg

5s95phs3c4hh.png

This dude is like dreaaaaaaams! He's like 6'5 and a *kitten* Adonis! I was so tempted to post his pics but didn't want to seem like a stalker creeper.

ha ha ha ha he was the first man I thought of when I saw this thread! My lock screen is of him! /shudders He's so delicious!
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    Guess I'm not into the bun, I keep seeing the pics and going wow that guy is really hot.............if only he didn't have that bun. I've never been a fan of long hair on men. Fabio............yuck lol.

My thoughts exactly. Lol
  • 285to170
    Options
    285to170 wrote: »

ntifmw75ar5u.jpg

5s95phs3c4hh.png

ha ha ha ha he was the first man I thought of when I saw this thread! My lock screen is of him! /shudders He's so delicious!

Did we just become best friends? I think we just became best friends!

• williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    windee52 wrote: »
    Some guys can pull it off
    erix7suwq490.jpg

He can pull anything off lol
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I find that dudes in a man bun are generally attractive, I don't know why. So I like them. But if I see a guy wearing one who just isn't...pulling it off, no way. I do live in like the hipster center of the U.S. though (brooklyn) so I'm used to them.
  • 285to170
    edited July 2016
    Options
    windee52 wrote: »
    Some guys can pull it off
    erix7suwq490.jpg

He can pull anything off lol

32m06k3t8v7m.jpeg

Oh really?
  • thequeena47
    thequeena47 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    depends... my son has super thick hair, shiny near-black that grows in big loose curls.... from his dad i have to say, and he used to wear it in a bun (washed daily!) just to keep it out of his face for work. Now it is trimmed so he can keep the 'elvis' like top part under control with a ball cap for work. But seriously, when a person grows that kind of glorious hair, why the heck not grow it and let it be appreciated. i would hate to see my son cut it all off to suit a narrow version of a man's haircut. He can work it either way, and so can many fellows.
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    depends... my son has super thick hair, shiny near-black that grows in big loose curls.... from his dad i have to say, and he used to wear it in a bun (washed daily!) just to keep it out of his face for work. Now it is trimmed so he can keep the 'elvis' like top part under control with a ball cap for work. But seriously, when a person grows that kind of glorious hair, why the heck not grow it and let it be appreciated. i would hate to see my son cut it all off to suit a narrow version of a man's haircut. He can work it either way, and so can many fellows.

I have nothing against long hair just don't find the man bun appealing. But also I don't say anything or I'm not disrespectful to someone about it. Just looking for opinions.