Lose 2 dresses sizes in 6 weeks?

Options
I'm after any tips, advise, weather you think this is doable or not, I need to get into a bridesmaid dress in 6 weeks time, I'm worried I've left it too late :frown:

Replies

• lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Try a detox diet? The Lemon Water Detox is good, considering you want quick weight loss for something like that. Obviously not good for long term!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Realistically??? I'd say no for health reasons. This is just me, but it took me 3+ months to drop 2 pants sizes. It also depends on how much you have to lose. I had/have a lot. You'd have to exercise crazy and eat little (in my opinion) for this to happen. If you can achieve that BIG loss, it would be really hard to maintain.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    If I were in that situation, here's what I'd do:
    - Grab the 30 Day Shred DVD ($10 from Walmart/Target, etc if you don't already have it)
    - Do it EVERY DAY
    - Seriously watch your calories
    - Cut the sodium. Go for 'real' food instead of box food which is loaded with sodium.
    - Drink nothing but water and lots of it.

It may not be doable, but starting TODAY is going to get you closer than if you start tomorrow.

ETA: The only reason I recommend 30DS is because I like the workout. I've lost 3.5 inches doing a week of the routine, and I didn't even do it every day. Your results may vary, but like I said, if it were me in that situation, that's what I would do.
  • rickpearce
    rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Sorry to jump in here as Im a guy and what do I know about dresses...

My wife owns a bridal store so I do know a little actually. Talk to someone about seamstress options. A dress can be let out an inch on each side (I think that is at least one size, maybe 2). Lose all the weight you can but don't panic and don't do anything crazy. Find a seamstress and figure out at what point during this 6 weeks you should call a spade a spade and let the seamstress do the rest.
  • Shannon1023
    Shannon1023 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I agree with Kalrez! You will definitely need to be very focused and disciplined to achieve this goal. Exercise almost every day and watch your calories! I would also recommend Jillian's 30 day shred. You can also find this DVD through Netflix and the library :)