My biggest problem with dieting is alcohol

Options
2»

Replies

• mean_jeannie
    mean_jeannie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I with you on this. When I log my drinks, I can clearly see why I shouldn't be doing it. But dang it, I like it.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I keep my calories low during the week so that I can eat and drink whatever I want on the weekends.
  • HeatherAshh
    HeatherAshh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    I keep my calories low during the week so that I can eat and drink whatever I want on the weekends.

Good idea!
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Im not gonna lie, I LOVE a good drinking session.

I have cut down how often II drink alot, and tonight is the first time Im gonna have a drink since my brothers wedding 2weeks ago, I prob wont drink again for a couple of weeks.

when Im planning to have a drink/know there is something coming up that I will be having a few (a few? a few jugs lol) I tend to try and be extra good for the 2 weeks leading up to it, try and stay under calories goal by say 150-200 cals a day and "save them" for the day I will be drinking.

I still log everything even if it takes me over fr that day, like Iv already measured out my strawberry pimms for later and logged it, just need to do the diet lemmonade now.....I will be over by around 200 calories but Im not gonna stress it, Iv got some of the weks calories "spares" so its not gonna make a massive dent.
  • zbernie
    zbernie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My worry right now is vacation. How do you not drink at an AI in Cancun? Hope my fit not gets here so I can log exercise. No cool pool drinks, voldka and soda it is lol
  • atitagain1958
    atitagain1958 Posts: 160 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I bowled every Saturday night and for me, bowling and beer just went together. I continued to bowl and drink 3 beers every Saturday night just planning them in my meal plan. I also left a good amount of calories for dinner after because dining out always went hand in hand too! I lost weight. You might want to stick to cider instead of margaritas though, unless you can limit yourself. Margaritas can have 500 calories! Ouch! Ciders have much less so you can drink more!! Here's a site that tells you what ciders are the best to order along with the calories, sugar content and alcohol %. Enjoy!

http://www.eatclean.com/products/low-sugar-hard-ciders
  • HeatherAshh
    HeatherAshh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I bowled every Saturday night and for me, bowling and beer just went together. I continued to bowl and drink 3 beers every Saturday night just planning them in my meal plan. I also left a good amount of calories for dinner after because dining out always went hand in hand too! I lost weight. You might want to stick to cider instead of margaritas though, unless you can limit yourself. Margaritas can have 500 calories! Ouch! Ciders have much less so you can drink more!! Here's a site that tells you what ciders are the best to order along with the calories, sugar content and alcohol %. Enjoy!

http://www.eatclean.com/products/low-sugar-hard-ciders

Awesome thanks!
  • purplemoonpie
    purplemoonpie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    welcome to the club sister. My friends pretty much only know how to socialize when booze is around. It's something I battle - I let myself have fun on the weekends but have had to maintain self control during the week . It is so hard but so worth it !
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I lost while drinking almost every day. I give up other things instead. I'll gladly forgo ice cream, cookies or chips on a daily basis for a glass or two of wine with dinner.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    For me, it's not so much the drink calories, it's the fact that having a couple drinks (that I've set aside calories for) makes me think that eating a plate of nachos is a good idea. Drinking just makes me want to eat and eat and eat...
  • atitagain1958
    atitagain1958 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    zbernie wrote: »
    My worry right now is vacation. How do you not drink at an AI in Cancun? Hope my fit not gets here so I can log exercise. No cool pool drinks, voldka and soda it is lol

Are you going to an All Inclusive? I'm sorry, it just said Al. Anyway, if you like rum, you might want to consider a Mojito. It's only light rum, simple syrup, lime, mint leaves and soda water. If you don't like rum, you can order it with vodka. It's prettier and tastier than just vodka and soda. LOL You can either sip it slowly OR also ask for a glass of just soda water with a slice of lime. That way you can sip at the two of them and slow your drinking down or sip some of each down and make a second drink. If it's all inclusive you can also ask that it just be made light on the rum/vodka. Just a thought.
  • joannajohnson295
    joannajohnson295 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I so feel your pain, i am a wine/cider drinker. Lately i have bought vodka and slimline tonic for weekend evenings at home and if i go to the pub i have swapped to vodka lime and soda. Not as tasty but lasts a lot longer than a vodka and tonic if you ask the server to put plenty of soda in and make it a very tall drink. It sounds like you like sweet drinks so how about vodka and diet coke?
  • matlocktm
    matlocktm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This article covers alcohol and weight/fat loss: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson194.htm
  • FitMomma082018
    FitMomma082018 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that struggles with giving up alcohol for losing weight. I know drinking some on the weekends and being really good during the week works because I lost 35 pounds doing it before and exercise. But this time around not having some light beers after work is super hard! When I do it makes the long day and my kids tackling me the minute I get in the door just so much more pleasant. So I'm cutting down a lot but still trying to set aside enough calories for my light beers after work!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    SAME. Eat healthy during the week, stay consistent. Do extra cardio when you know you're going to drink. Stick with diet mixers and light alcohol. I like diet gin & tonic or diet gingerale & Crown.