Man bun or no man bun, that is the question.

Options

Replies

• Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Savyna wrote: »
    My take is that it's their hair, they do what they want with it. I dont really like calling it a manbun because that just sounds stupid to me. He's pulled his hair back into a bun, that's all thats necessary. Having to say things like manbun, murse, manscaping, brotox all seem stupid as *kitten*, as if someone is afraid out there they're less of a man if they want to do botox or wax, own a purse or pull their hair into a bun.

I never said they were less of a man. Just asking for opinions on the style.

I didn't say you were saying that. I was giving an extra opinion on saying how I feel about words like manbun.
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    No. I have a mohawk that I've been growing out for 14 months, and my wife wants me to do a man-bun but I cannot bring myself to do it. She also wants me to do the "Hipster Grey Hair" thing.

What is hipster grey hair thing?

Younger guys 20-30s specifically dying their hair grey

I'm 5 foot 11 inches tall, tattoo'd, with a 14 month old MoHawk. And due to all the time I'm cycling and running I've got a decent tan working. She swears I could pull it off. I just don't think I could. Something like that requires a ton of confidence.

https://www.google.com/search?q=guys+grey+hair+dye&espv=2&biw=1440&bih=785&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjbpqOe1OTNAhVTID4KHf9aBZAQ_AUIBygC&safe=active&ssui=on

I can get why such a bright silver would scare you. A soft gray balayage would look bomb and could introduce you to it before going full on silver. hzn8r52mkm7t.jpeg

Just a suggestion. (:
  • Scorpio8402
    Scorpio8402 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I hate them!!
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    No. I have a mohawk that I've been growing out for 14 months, and my wife wants me to do a man-bun but I cannot bring myself to do it. She also wants me to do the "Hipster Grey Hair" thing.

What is hipster grey hair thing?

Younger guys 20-30s specifically dying their hair grey

I'm 5 foot 11 inches tall, tattoo'd, with a 14 month old MoHawk. And due to all the time I'm cycling and running I've got a decent tan working. She swears I could pull it off. I just don't think I could. Something like that requires a ton of confidence.

https://www.google.com/search?q=guys+grey+hair+dye&espv=2&biw=1440&bih=785&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjbpqOe1OTNAhVTID4KHf9aBZAQ_AUIBygC&safe=active&ssui=on

I looked at the link, please don't do that. I'm not sure that looks good on any of them that were pictured.

I don't have a problem coloring my hair. I've done Pink for Breast Cancer. I've done Purple for Domestic Violence. I've done blonde highlights for shoots and giggles But I don't I have the walk and talk for grey.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    MissTattoo wrote: »
    Brockplosion!

60l2ysvs8thp.jpg

mdhda4yg3ypf.gif

a8xfpoavx1bn.gif

kg5hvsznexg4.jpg

He's really good looking, but I still don't like the hair up on top of his head.

He's not for you then. ^_^ Let others enjoy!
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I love long hair and man-buns, when men do anything with confidence I find it attractive. I also quite enjoy the beards that they are sporting. I have always found the more rugged to be more attractive, somehow long hair and beards plays into that for me. The lumberjack look that is popular right now makes me very happy, lol!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all 4 pages but I want to go on record as saying IF YOU AREN'T JARED LETO DON'T DO IT.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Good GAWD no! Take a hot guy and put a bun on him and it looks like a hot guy wearing a bun that looks stupid. But that's just me.
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    In the 1960s, my third grade teacher, a crabby old lady, had a bun. I think it is hilarious that today's boys want to look like yesterday's old ladies.
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    depends on the guy. some guys look AMAZING with man buns. especially when they pull out whatever's holding it up and their gorgeous hair falls around their shoulders and....mm-mm. *_*
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Cbaker5156 wrote: »
    My son has very curly hair. But I love it long. He wears a bun often. I like it.

by3ejrcp8d73.jpeg
    me8ga64ebjzl.jpeg

Your son looks like Dan Reynolds (Imagine Dragons).
  • lenoresdream
    Options
    MissTattoo wrote: »
    mmm I love me some man buns. Especially the messy ones. I've always loved long hair on a man.

ntifmw75ar5u.jpg

5s95phs3c4hh.png

Be still my beating heart! /drools

sweet baby jesus *_*
  • lenoresdream
    Options
    Cbaker5156 wrote: »
    My son has very curly hair. But I love it long. He wears a bun often. I like it.

by3ejrcp8d73.jpeg
    me8ga64ebjzl.jpeg

all due respect to you being his mom but i'm not gonna lie. DAY-YUM. THAT'S SOME GOOD GENETICS RIGHT THERE.
    m1hhk708wi0c.gif
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I don't have a liking for it, except when necessary. Like I have a Total Gym Fit, it's still too easy to get scalped with hair in a ponytail; so a bun is a safety requirement.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    No just nooooo
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    windee52 wrote: »
    Some guys can pull it off
    erix7suwq490.jpg

He can pull anything off lol

that dude had hair?...I didnt notice lol
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My son has pretty long hair for a guy - past his shoulders, and he always wears it up or in a bun. I think it's adorable :)

Then again, he IS my son. So, there's that.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    I wonder how this thread would have gone if it had been about women having short hair?

I'm not against men with long hair (although it's not my preference) I'm seriously just against man buns. By the way, I love short hair on myself and I'm a girl. Been rocking a pixie for 3 years now
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I say let me be the one to wear the bun. Lol
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I see very few men that can pull it off....but the ones that can rock it....day-yum.