Day 15 on MFP and first day posting

Options
Jaceeka
Jaceeka Posts: 10 Member
hi there!

I'm Jessica. I'm 33 y/o and the mother to an adorable 9 1/2 mo old. I have been an off/on member of ww for several years, but in the Fall of 2009 I got really serious and the lbs starting melting off. 51lbs later came a positive pregnancy test and my focus shifted elsewhere. My husband and i were very excited about the arrival of our first child, but since then we haven't taken care of ourselves like we should. Now we are starting over and I have a long ways to go before I hit my goal weight.

I decided to try MFP because I have learned that if I track what I eat I do so much better. Today is day 15 for me and I've lost 10lbs. I'm eating well, staying under my calories, watching my sodium/sugar/fat/fiber intake, drinking lots of water, and getting active. I had my wisdom teeth cut out this past week so eating has been a challenge for a few days, but I've managed to still track everyday and stay on point with my caloric intake.

I've been lurking the boards for a few weeks and love the discussions. I thought it was only fair to introduce myself :) I look forward to chatting with you all via the discussion boards!

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jessica. I have a 10 month old grandson. Babies are so much fun at at that age.
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hello Jessica and welcome to the boards!

Good luch with all your fitness goals, and congrats on your
    little bundle of joy! :flowerforyou:

Please feel free to add me.
  • Jaceeka
    Options
    Thanks :) I am looking forward to this journey and getting the weight off for good! And thank you for the congrats on my little one. She is such a bundle of joy and a good motivator. I definitely want to be the parent that can do anything with my child.
  • Jaceeka
    Options
    Kelly: You are so right, babies are fun at this age. She's discovering new things everyday and doing something new each day. :smile: It's the best time in my life.
  • Melslifestylechange
    Melslifestylechange Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica!

Welcome abroad. I too just rejoined MFP. Congrats on your new baby and losing 10lbs. I agree that tracking food and excercise truly do make a difference. When you see what you are doing or not doing for that matter, you get convicted to step it up or cut back. You are on your way. Keep up the great work!

Melissa