Started working out before Work

Options
This week I decided to start working out before work and I managed to start getting up at 6am and leaving the house at 6:15 for a 5 mile walk and returning by 7:45 to get ready for work. Great choice for me has given me more energy through out the day will be doing this from now on.

Replies

• jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I started doing the same about a month ago, mostly because it's too hot here to walk at lunch or after work these days. But, I love the solitude and beauty of walking at sunrise. Keep up the good work!

PS - I can now get out of the house in 5 minutes or less!
  • fattynomore78
    fattynomore78 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you ya it's hot in the afternoons here and that's why I walk in the mornings
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    great job! i've tried, oh lord how i've tried to get up early enough. but i just can't do it. i need to be more dedicated. thanks for the inspiration!
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Lenoresdream, I had the exact same issue as you, but decided on only a 5 min walk in the morning. If I do it, I chalk it up as a success for me. I plan to gradually increase it by a few minutes, at least over the weekends. Good luck to you!!
  • katandwaves
    katandwaves Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It took me a really long time to do this. It feels so good to have it out of the way. I just have to make sure I get to bed early enough. Another bonus is gyms are less crowded before work than after.
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It took me a really long time to do this. It feels so good to have it out of the way. I just have to make sure I get to bed early enough. Another bonus is gyms are less crowded before work than after.

that's another reason why i want to go in the mornings. not because i don't like people but because i don't like using the weight machines when there's people around because i'm so ashamed of my body. but it's a hard deal because like the machines will help me get a better body. *sigh*
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    This is exactly how I started. Rather than hit snooze and checking social media for half an hour before getting up, I just got up, walked ten minutes to the park, ten around the park, then back. I picked up the pace over time to c25k and am now doing regular 40minute runs. I plan ahead, have everything ready to go, and as long as I don't THINK about it, getting up is easy.

In the winter I'll be moving inside the gym and switching to free weights, but for now there is nothing as lovely as being outside in the sun, seeing the world at 6.30am, and it sets me up with a smile for the day.

Doing my scheduled exercise in the mornings also means my evenings are free for dancing, cinema trips, dinner with friends etc.
  • fattynomore78
    fattynomore78 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You bet it was hard at first but I'm used to it now and going to keep at it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!