Has anyone tried HCG drops?

Options
124»

Replies

• torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    I have a friend who did the HCG diet, despite the fact that none of us (her friends) thought it was a good idea. She did, indeed lose about 30 pounds in just a little over a month, but it ALL came off of her legs and left her with the barrel chest and big abdomen that she started out with. Fat deposited in the abdomen is the worst.
    And that was in February and March. She has now gained back at least 20 pounds of that weight.
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I tried it for 9 days last year. I ordered the drops and really enjoyed the 2 days of overeating in the beginning!! LOL!

I was cranky and hungry. No one wanted to be around me and I was miserable.

I lost 7 lbs, but it wasn't worth it to me because I didn't feel good.
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My old manager did that. But there's a lot more to it than just putting the drops under your tounge before meals.... you can't have ANY carbs or ANY sugar etc... at least that's what she does.

She only eats about 500 calories a day because of it now.
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    Maybe they don't lose weight from the drops at all ... maybe they lose the weight because they're only aloud to eat the 500 calories LOL! what a scam....l

And when you start eating way over 500 again, you gain so much of it back =P
  • patricia184
    patricia184 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My brother does the shots: 500 calories per day, 30 lbs weight loss over eight weeks. exhaustion. then weight gain when you eat normally..i.e., above 500 calories
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My brother does the shots: 500 calories per day, 30 lbs weight loss over eight weeks. exhaustion. then weight gain when you eat normally..i.e., above 500 calories
    I can only speak for myself and the ones I know. I know several people that followed the whole plan and had kept it off from one to four years. If you don't follow the whole thing through you will gain it back. There is so much more than the 500 cals. The plan does take you through going back to eating normally slowly. I'm not tired, nor have I been ill. In fact, after 11 yrs of blood pressure meds, my doctor took me off after four weeks of hcg. I've lost 43 lbs. And when I got off and ate up to 1500 cals per day, I didn't gain a lb. I workout every day and watch sugar n carb intake. My regular doctor says all my blood work n test never looked better.
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    I can only speak for myself and the ones I know. I know several people that followed the whole plan and had kept it off from one to four years. If you don't follow the whole thing through you will gain it back. There is so much more than the 500 cals. The plan does take you through going back to eating normally slowly. I'm not tired, nor have I been ill. In fact, after 11 yrs of blood pressure meds, my doctor took me off after four weeks of hcg. I've lost 43 lbs. And when I got off and ate up to 1500 cals per day, I didn't gain a lb. I workout every day and watch sugar n carb intake. My regular doctor says all my blood work n test never looked better.

Didn't you say all that 2 1/2 weeks ago? You keep defending yourself. People are only giving opinions, teller her of things that they have heard, just like you gave yours & told her about your experience. You seem to keep defending the diet. That's great that it worked for you. But there's people who know other people who tried it that it didn't work out well for, and there's nothing wrong with her knowing about those too.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Quick reminder

If you disagree with someone else's opinion then please state your case politely and move on, sarcasm and snide comments serve absolutely no purpose on here. Lets keep it a positive board

CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • MaryS910
    MaryS910 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Cat! The vitriol by some on MFP towards those interested in the HCG protocol or especially those who have had success on HCG, borders on ridiculous! I wonder if they attack those who had had gastric bypass surgery, a pretty extreme way to lose weight, with the same enthusiasm?
    Quick reminder

If you disagree with someone else's opinion then please state your case politely and move on, sarcasm and snide comments serve absolutely no purpose on here. Lets keep it a positive board

CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • MaryS910
    MaryS910 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I think everyone on MFP can attest to the fact that if you're not vigilant after weight loss, no matter how you lose it, will result in gaining back all lost weight and then some! It sounds like your brother didn't do Phase 3, a 21 day period after the weight loss where you eat based on your BMI and learn to eat normally and reset your metabolism. It's the most important phase of the diet. I just completed Phase 3 and lost an additional 2.5 lbs. My cholesterol is down, I feel great and am starting my 2nd round. I take a multi-vitamin and B-12 daily.
    Obesity is an epidemic in our society and efforts to lose weight by eating healthy foods in moderation should be supported and applauded.
  • Kamaria98
    Kamaria98 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 of the HCG drops, and after loading the first two days (which I didn't gain any extra weight) I have dropped 2.5 pounds. An associate of mines did the diet and lost about 30 pounds in the 30 days. I am hoping to have similar results. Its been a little difficult to stay under the 500 calories but I guess its mostly a mental thing. However, getting up every morning and seeing that I have lost a pound keeps me motivated. I also exercise with it so that kind of helps me when I've eaten an extra melba toast or a few too many strawberries. LOL!!! I make sure to drink as much water as possible. Looking for a support group on here of others who are doing the drops as well. :smile: