slushie replacement

Options
j99li
j99li Posts: 421 Member
Hi everyone!

With the heat waves going on, I have seem to have taken a liking to slurpees...
Any idea on the healthy-ness of them? and what are some healthier options?

Replies

• niste_ketlin
    Options
    Didn't mean to post here. Sorry
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I just do frozen fruit or fresh...ice and water....you can add some truvia or real sugar whichever you like most. I love slushies!!!!!
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Try blizting some frozen summer fruits with a bit of water. Very refreshing, very low cal, and very healthy!
  • Chinook71
    Chinook71 Posts: 19
    Options
    I would guess they are pure processed sugar = CRAP!!! Maybe freeze some fresh fruit and then put that in a food processor with a little honey or Agave and some liquid to make a health alternative.
  • ginakelley
    ginakelley Posts: 33
    Options
    I found this on a raw/vegan blog, but it would work for anyone! All that is needed is ice, a blender, and any type of melon/fruit you like! Throw the watermelon (or whatever) into the blender with some ice and you have a healthy, cool replacement for the sugar-filled slushies!
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    really all you need is water and flavoring like mio stick it in the freezer (or walmart at one time had little slushie makers i think) and freeze untill most is frozen and break it apart for the slushie part. It would count as water intake too!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Some 7-11s have crystal light slurpees. Yeah, I know, chemicals. But yummy chemicals.
  • maria1993
    maria1993 Posts: 112
    Options
    You can just throw some fruit in the blender and blend until liquid, then add ice and blend.

Something like strawberry and mint would be good. Or cantaloupe.. Mmmmmmmmmmmm
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I make a protein strawberry smoothie with milk. it is about 200 calories but it s a snack and a cool down. or just add frozen strawberries or other fruit to water / orange juice and blend. if you use sweeteners than diet sprite blended with strawberries.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Take a bottle of diet pop and half freeze it. ti is a slushie pop.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    peach dragonfly sugar free, had it the other day very good, about 100 cals for a medium
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Pineapple juice doesn't fully freeze and makes great slushies. Just put it into the freezer and mash it up with a fork.