Stay-At-Home Moms 1/19-1/25

Options

Replies

• supermom1114
    Options
    Ugh.... Im gonna puke... :sick: :sick: :sick: three mini ice cream sandwiches later, two medium bags of chips, one bag of pour over butter popcorn, and a diet coke later I feel absolutely horrible, literally nauseaous and I still dont feel good about all this deployment crap.... Ayden is asleep n I couldve got a workout in and I was doing so good today.... ugh blech.... I'm not eating anything except for my dinner tonight no snacks nothing else... ugh I should take a nap since Ayden is and he decided to get up at 2am n stay awake until 4am...but I know as soon as I start to fall asleep hes going to wake up....I should go start a load of laundry... then again I dunno if I'll even get to finish it when he wakes up... dang usually I'm not so pessimistic... I really hate this...
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    smiley-hug-group.gif

Supermom, get ready. SAHM unite! From us to you.

So sorry about the frustration. That sucks big time. But March is still two months away, so don't give up. Can I give you a little something I did? I got my wedding dress on e-bay for $17 dollars. And remember, you are much better than the army and Sgt Wick and we all know you are definitely stronger than probably even you realize. The insurance thing really blows. I hate the politics of getting a job for insurance but then not getting the insurance. Nickle and diming. But we are here for you. VENT AWAY. :heart:

hugs to you supermom
    smiley-hug-group.gif
    dont give up
  • jackobean29
    jackobean29 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on the message boards for at least a week, was crazy busy scrubbing down every square inch of my house and planning my daughter's B-Day Party. I have a little dare devil too, but it's a she and she just turned one. She climbs everything and will jump off of anything, I'm surprised she hasn't had any major injuries as of yet (knock on wood). It's a fresh week and I hope all you stay at home moms have a great week.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ok ladies, sorry but I have to seriously vent..... so I gained back the two pounds Id lost by Sat, munching when I was stressed yesterday didnt help... I was all determined to stick to it today n so far I have til I get a call from hubby that his readiness NCO is a dumb *kitten* n changed the type of orders their unit would be switching to so now Tricare, our health insurance wont be kicking in n he wont be getting paid til March!!! WTF!!! We have a 2 month old son who cant go to the dr now because he has no health insurance!! Hubby n I didnt get officially married until after Ayden was born so my dads health insurance covered Ayden for 30 days after he was born, n hubby's was supposed to kick in by now for his two month visit. AND hes not getting paid til March! We were planning a party to celebrate getting married since it was only at the JP but I cant put a deposit on the place I wanted to have it at or for any of the food etc etc so thats totally off.... I just want to down a big bag of cheetos n a coke n anything we have sweet in the house.... whats the point of losing the weight by March now anyways since Im not going to be wearing a nice dress for the celebration.... n all I do is sit at home with Ayden, who effin cares!! Im in a horrible mood and its looking like Im going to have to try and go fulltime at Bed Bath n Beyond if they have the hours for it, but I dont even know if the medical insurance kicks in right away or if it takes 3 months like other places..... ugh SCREW LIFE!! SCREW THE ARMY!! SCREW SGT WICK!!!

sorry as u can tell im rather ticked... now im going to eat something, probably everything....:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

I'm very sorry to hear about your insurance disaster. :frown: DH and I suffered from the same problem, except before Wesley was born, we 'granted' custody to my mom who has government BCBS (GREAT insurance) so that he could be under her plan. Since I'm still in school, we are both covered until I finish my masters.

Could you guys try something like that? Doctors visits are so important for wee ones! It only 'grants' custody on paper, and you just have to make extra careful that you give the baby's address of record the same as the policy holder's. :flowerforyou: That might be kind of complicated - but babies need their shots. :frown:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Supermom-I'm sorry you are having a bad day. Wanna compare the crappy foods I ate yesterday...let's see...4 Puffins (pastry goodness that are 250 calories A PIECE), Wendys burger fries soda and frosty, cookie dough (a lot!!!) and....oh jeez I don't even remember but what I have listed is about 3 days worth of calories. But it's just one day...and boy did I feel it afterward, wanted to throw up. just let it go, drink some water to help flush it thru and focus on tomorrow.

So while we were at Wendys yesterday, I left my wallet/checkbook/clutch thing in the seat. I realized it this morning when I went to find my library card. Called Wendys they had it, so I went down to get it this afternoon. When I opened it up I just about had a heart attack....a bunch of cards were missing. So I slowly and calmly went thru everything. Checkbook and ALL checks...check, debit card...check, Social security card...check, library card...check, medicaid cards...check, cash....check, it seemed that everything important was there. What was missing were just random things..walmart gift card with less than 25 dollars...ross gift card with less than 10 dollars, Qdoba card no value, Bath & Body works gift card 10 dollars. So weird...they took things that are similar to cash...but leave the cash. I guess I should thank my lucky stars nothing vital was missing. Some people are so strange.

I'm not feelin super energetic this afternoon so I think I'm gonna go lay down and read a book. Talk to you all later!
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Well ladies..I've taken in alot of food in that I'm not supposed to..Lots of mcdonalds this week..I'm soooooo upset tonight:mad: I got some very bad news in my opinon this morning...I was told I have a 90% chance of having cervical cancer:brokenheart: ...I cant go get the rest of the test I need cuz I have no insurance and the drs want half down to get in the door to see them...I'm a single mom of 3 kids on disablity and for some unknown reason I cant get Indiana medicaid...I'm looking down other avenues...It just is scarey whats goin on and I cant do anything about it..And everyone I've told my news to is like ohhh its no big deal alot of women have gone through this dont be so upset..Well I'm sorry I'm scared maybe I shouldnt be but I am..I cant get nething fixed cuz of no insurance I want to be healthy and around many more years to see my kids grow up...:cry: All I can do is sit here n cry n pray to God that some answer comes to me...You know I thought my bad year was behind me...The last year of my life has been hell..Lost my house,my dad, got divorced and here I am again gettin bad news again...I thought 2009 was gonna be better...You know its true what they say Krama does come back n bite u in the *kitten*..I've asked for forgiveness from the Lord for everything I've done..No I'm not perfect but what does God want to do?? Lose my freakin mind well thats where I'm headed...Ladies please say a pray for me and thank you all for lettin me vent..
    Dana
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys sure had a crummy week last week!! I dont blame you for being glad its over!

I finally hit a motivation lull on Monday. Mostly cuz I worked out Sunday (which was supposed to be my day off) and It kicked my butt. I wasnt planning on going but a local friend joined my gym and I promised Id go since she was joining up. Its way cool that shes going with me now!! I feel a little more commited knowing that Ive made a promise to be there on certain days. I havent had much trouble making it, but Ive been at this for about 3 weeks so Im thinking all the motivation I can get is a good thing!!!

Ive dropped 1.5" off my waist and .5" off my hips in the past 2 weeks. Im THRILLED!! I was a little worried since I hadnt seen the scale move since last Wednesday, but now I know that Im shrinking and that has me psyched!! My weigh in day is tomorrow... so we'll see if Ive dropped anything besides inches. At this point tho, Im just plain happy that whatever Im doing is getting me somewhere. Even if it is a .5" or 1/2 pound at a time.

I also got my hubby to join MFP. Ive been filling him in on the features for the past couple weeks and actually dragged him to the gym with me over the weekend so he could help me with weight training on my arms. He used to lift all the time and I thought I was gonna be dead sore the next day but to my surprise it was pretty fun and not that painful at all. Hes pretty pumped too and told me that hes proud of me for doing what Im doing... makes such a big difference! Hes got more to take off than me and his cal intake is like double mine at 2700 (holy cow!!) so its gonna be interesting planning meals for both of us and getting that much food in him everyday!

Tomorrow Im working with a trainer at the gym to help me with my abs and legs. Im pretty pumped about it. I so need to focus on those areas!!! :laugh:

Take care everyone!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Well ladies..I've taken in alot of food in that I'm not supposed to..Lots of mcdonalds this week..I'm soooooo upset tonight:mad: I got some very bad news in my opinon this morning...I was told I have a 90% chance of having cervical cancer:brokenheart: ...I cant go get the rest of the test I need cuz I have no insurance and the drs want half down to get in the door to see them...I'm a single mom of 3 kids on disablity and for some unknown reason I cant get Indiana medicaid...I'm looking down other avenues...It just is scarey whats goin on and I cant do anything about it..And everyone I've told my news to is like ohhh its no big deal alot of women have gone through this dont be so upset..Well I'm sorry I'm scared maybe I shouldnt be but I am..I cant get nething fixed cuz of no insurance I want to be healthy and around many more years to see my kids grow up...:cry: All I can do is sit here n cry n pray to God that some answer comes to me...You know I thought my bad year was behind me...The last year of my life has been hell..Lost my house,my dad, got divorced and here I am again gettin bad news again...I thought 2009 was gonna be better...You know its true what they say Krama does come back n bite u in the *kitten*..I've asked for forgiveness from the Lord for everything I've done..No I'm not perfect but what does God want to do?? Lose my freakin mind well thats where I'm headed...Ladies please say a pray for me and thank you all for lettin me vent..
    Dana

Dana...Dunno if this will help you in any way but thought I would put this out there for you just in case. Im so sorry you are going through this. Ive had this scare myself about 4 years ago so I know EXACTLY how you feel. It turned out for me not to be cancer, but god, anytime you hear those words your mind just thinks the worst...who can blame you!! Cancer is scary stuff!! Ive been there!

(((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))) for you and you are in my prayers....

Program Description
    Hoosier Healthwise is a health insurance program for Indiana children, pregnant women, and low income families. Health care is provided at little or no cost to Indiana families enrolled in the program. The enrolled member chooses a doctor to get regular checkups and health care for illnesses. Other health needs such as prescriptions, dental care, vision care, family planning services, and mental health services are also available as part of the Hoosier Healthwise program.

General Program Requirements
    In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a resident of the State of Indiana, not covered by health insurance (including Medicaid), a US national, citizen, legal alien, or permanent resident, and you must have an annual household income before taxes of less than $20,808 if one person lives in the household; $28,008 if two people live in the household; $35,208 if three people live in the household; $42,408 if four people live in the household; $49,608 if five people live in the household; $56,808 if six people live in the household; $64,008 if seven people live in the household; $71,208 if eight people live in the household; $78,408 if nine people live in the household; $85,608 if 10 people live in the household; $92,808 if 11 people live in the household; $100,008 if 12 people live in the household; and $107,208 if more than 12 people live in the household. Depending on your income level, you may have to pay a premium for coverage. Please see this state's program information for details.

Application Process
    For more information, see the Program Contact Information below.

Program Contact Information
    To learn more about the SCHIP program (Hoosier Healthwise) and the specific eligibility requirements and program benefits in your State, visit:

http://www.in.gov/fssa/ompp/2544.htm

Or Call:
    800-889-9949

Managing Agency
    Indiana
    http://www.state.in.us
  • Audry
    Audry Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how this works, but both my girls got upper respitory infections the begining of January and I rubbed vicks on their feet and chest and they were better in 2 days and I got respitory infection too and didn't do my feet and chest for three days and after just 2 nights of vicking I was over it too
    So all i know is that it works!!

That is awesome. You guys are great. This is the kind of stuff I need. My daughter is constantly getting fluid in her lungs and being diagnosed with "walking pneumonia" because of where it's located and hacking her poor little brains out during the night. Humidifiers, inhalers, etc., just aren't cutting it. But I am going to try this. You guys rock! Thanks.

I also use Triametice Strips for my 2 yr old daughters cough and that helps her to sleep thru the night with no coughing...I hope you little girl gets better
  • Audry
    Audry Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Dana

Dana...Dunno if this will help you in any way but thought I would put this out there for you just in case. Im so sorry you are going through this. Ive had this scare myself about 4 years ago so I know EXACTLY how you feel. It turned out for me not to be cancer, but god, anytime you hear those words your mind just thinks the worst...who can blame you!! Cancer is scary stuff!! Ive been there!

(((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))) for you and you are in my prayers....

Program Description
    Hoosier Healthwise is a health insurance program for Indiana children, pregnant women, and low income families. Health care is provided at little or no cost to Indiana families enrolled in the program. The enrolled member chooses a doctor to get regular checkups and health care for illnesses. Other health needs such as prescriptions, dental care, vision care, family planning services, and mental health services are also available as part of the Hoosier Healthwise program.

General Program Requirements
    In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a resident of the State of Indiana, not covered by health insurance (including Medicaid), a US national, citizen, legal alien, or permanent resident, and you must have an annual household income before taxes of less than $20,808 if one person lives in the household; $28,008 if two people live in the household; $35,208 if three people live in the household; $42,408 if four people live in the household; $49,608 if five people live in the household; $56,808 if six people live in the household; $64,008 if seven people live in the household; $71,208 if eight people live in the household; $78,408 if nine people live in the household; $85,608 if 10 people live in the household; $92,808 if 11 people live in the household; $100,008 if 12 people live in the household; and $107,208 if more than 12 people live in the household. Depending on your income level, you may have to pay a premium for coverage. Please see this state's program information for details.

Application Process
    For more information, see the Program Contact Information below.

Program Contact Information
    To learn more about the SCHIP program (Hoosier Healthwise) and the specific eligibility requirements and program benefits in your State, visit:

http://www.in.gov/fssa/ompp/2544.htm

Or Call:
    800-889-9949

Managing Agency
    Indiana
    http://www.state.in.us

I wondered if Indiana had any thing like Kansas - we have WIC (women ifants & children) Program that gives assitance for formula and food to moms & their children & thru then we found Healthwave insurance for our kids that we only pay $20 a month for and some moms I know have thier kids on it for free....they also have programs to help with medical care for cancer related bills too - I hope this helps you out Dana!
    Tons of Hugs and prayers going your way!!! (((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))
    My mom has Lukemia and has been fighting it for over 10 years now (7 years on chemo - her regular dr told her that "his paitents don't get cancer so that wasn't her problem it was all in her head" OH I'D LIKE TO SLAP HIM!!! But now she's getting great help and her NEW FABULAS DR"S are helping her with the financial part....Keep your head up Dana....it will get better, you've had a hard last year and this year doesn't sound like fun either, but hang in there and you'll be okay! :flowerforyou:
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Ok ladies I was good the rest of the night... tomorrow I've gotta go buy books on campus, n I have to take Ayden with me.... how awkward to be 19 n at the college bookstore with my son... sometimes I just feel like a failure.....

I also start work tomorrow, Im nervous about leaving Ayden... I guess we'll see how it goes.....

The next couple days I'm going to try a new trick... I'm going to put my scale smack dab in front of the fridge... so anytime I go to look for something to munch on there is my big reminder not too... dunno.. I guess we'll see if that works too...

Im still in a depressed~ish mood... hoping that Ayden sleps for a long time tonight... I just need a good nights rest to recharge from everything falling apart... n my online classes started today so thats a lovely thing to throw in the mix...
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Ugh.... Im gonna puke... :sick: :sick: :sick: three mini ice cream sandwiches later, two medium bags of chips, one bag of pour over butter popcorn, and a diet coke later I feel absolutely horrible, literally nauseaous and I still dont feel good about all this deployment crap.... Ayden is asleep n I couldve got a workout in and I was doing so good today.... ugh blech.... I'm not eating anything except for my dinner tonight no snacks nothing else... ugh I should take a nap since Ayden is and he decided to get up at 2am n stay awake until 4am...but I know as soon as I start to fall asleep hes going to wake up....I should go start a load of laundry... then again I dunno if I'll even get to finish it when he wakes up... dang usually I'm not so pessimistic... I really hate this...
    aupermom1114-um mini ice cream sandwhiches! That is why I don't keep that stuff in the house because I would induldge. Hey I am sorry about everything with your hubby! Are you all Army? I just started a thread for Military Wives. It really sucks and it leads to a lot of emotional eating on my part. If you ever need anything you can message me. May I ask what the situation is and why your baby wont be covered for 2 months? Are you all reserves or something? I am new to the board so I am not up with what is going on. Well here is to a better tomorrow!
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    So it is 10am my time and I had a good workout. The daycare in my gym is open now and I left my daughter so I could go to the ral gym as I call it. I did 15 min on the Elliptical and 15 on the stair climber. Wow did I feel that when I came home and climbed the stairs to my place. Well other than that I hope to have a good day and I am trying to lower my carb intake. It is always a little high. It seems everything I love has carbs in it.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Quick question! I am going grocery shopping and I need to find some snack foods for Alex. I need some ideas. He can not have wheat or dairy, so it makes it a little more difficult. I usually get him gfcf cookies and some fruit snacks but some times I end up eating them. :blushing: Last week I bought him some rice crackers, but they were nasty. (Tasted like corn nuts and I can't stand those things.) I want to change things up a bit. Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    MM
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    just messing with my signature...wanna see if it worked
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    nope :laugh:
  • booklover1212
    Options
    Hi ladies -

I'm new here to the board and this website thanks to a friend who recommended this site.

I've been struggling with weight my whole life and after stepping on the scale and seeing it top at almost - GASP! - 170 lbs. I knew I was in for a change.

I started yesterday -- healthy eating, working out. I did Leslie Sansone's Walkblaster workout, had a Slimfast shake for breakfast, a healthy salad for lunch, and chicken, potatoes, and asparagus for dinner yesterday. I'm really hoping to find the motivation to stick with it this time. I want to be healthy to play with my girls!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Quick question! I am going grocery shopping and I need to find some snack foods for Alex. I need some ideas. He can not have wheat or dairy, so it makes it a little more difficult. I usually get him gfcf cookies and some fruit snacks but some times I end up eating them. :blushing: Last week I bought him some rice crackers, but they were nasty. (Tasted like corn nuts and I can't stand those things.) I want to change things up a bit. Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    MM

Flat Earth makes veggie chips...I don't *think* there is any wheat in there. Sweet potatoes, rice, potatoes. My kids love them & they end up counting towards veggies for the day, too. That's a hard one, MM!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies -

I'm new here to the board and this website thanks to a friend who recommended this site.

I've been struggling with weight my whole life and after stepping on the scale and seeing it top at almost - GASP! - 170 lbs. I knew I was in for a change.

I started yesterday -- healthy eating, working out. I did Leslie Sansone's Walkblaster workout, had a Slimfast shake for breakfast, a healthy salad for lunch, and chicken, potatoes, and asparagus for dinner yesterday. I'm really hoping to find the motivation to stick with it this time. I want to be healthy to play with my girls!!

Welcome to the group! I hope you have much success here! Do you like the slimfast shakes? I tried them once (a few years ago) & had to gag it down.:sick:
  • supermom1114
    Options
    aupermom1114-um mini ice cream sandwhiches! That is why I don't keep that stuff in the house because I would induldge. Hey I am sorry about everything with your hubby! Are you all Army? I just started a thread for Military Wives. It really sucks and it leads to a lot of emotional eating on my part. If you ever need anything you can message me. May I ask what the situation is and why your baby wont be covered for 2 months? Are you all reserves or something? I am new to the board so I am not up with what is going on. Well here is to a better tomorrow!

My husband is National Guard but recently left for predeployment stuff so now hes in Indiana. Hes going to Fort McCall at the end of this week n that was supposed to be Title 32 orders, which means Tricare would kick in, but his readiness NCO decided to make those orders TDY orders, so the benefits dont kick in. PLUS for some reason this NCO hasnt submitted pay stuff so now he says they wont be paid until Mar. AND on top of all that my husband hasnt gotten paid for the last three drills hes been too and the last two weeks of training he had at Fort Hood.... Ive read about early Tricare being able to kick in 90 days before you have active duty orders but I dont know how it works... I wish I lived closer to Fort Hood because they have a place where spouses can go if theyre having problems while the other spouse is deployed, but we live in Houston n the people at his unit in San Antonio are *kitten*