4th of July desserts?

Options
teachermegan
teachermegan Posts: 69 Member
I'd like to make a low cal dessert that actually tastes YUMMY! And it's also easy to make (I don't know my way around the kitchen that well and my husband would say that's an understatement, lol).
THANKS

Replies

• julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My go-to healthy dessert is a fruit salad!!

Or if you want to be a little more adventurous we always make an angel food cake and decorate it like the flag with cool whip, strawberries and blueberries. Yummy and low-cal!
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    fresh strawberries and a serving of angel food cake and fat free reddi whip or cool whip. YUMMY and light!!
  • prettyskinnything
    Options
    Sugar Free Fat Free Jello in Strawberry and Berry Blue for festive colors, maybe some low fat cool whip as well
    Skewers with strawberries, blueberries, mini marshmallows
    Strawberry dipped in no fat yogurt and then rolled in blue jello mix and chilled
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    last year I cut up a watermelon into pieces and aranged in a
    cookie sheet . I frosted them with lite cool whip and put
    strawberries and blueberries on it and it looked like a cake with the
    american flag on it. Delicious and guiltless! My family and friends loved it.

Ha, jul beat me on the post!
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    We like to buy the mini hostess angel food cake's (they look like little bowls sort of) and then we put the Lite Whipped Cream (I like it frozen - tastes more like ice cream that way!) and then add strawberries and blueberries to get your red white and blue!

Happy 4th!
  • holly0623
    holly0623 Posts: 66
    Options
    Berry parfaits. blueberries, rasberries, strawberries, fat free yogurt, low fat granola. Just keep layering them , then top with cool whip. Soo good! (:
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I am making a trffile with layers of angel food cake chunks, strawberries and a cream mixture that is made of a brick of reduced fat cream cheese whipped with 1/2 cup of splenda and then fold in a tub of light cool whip. It is very indulgent tasting so that even my friends that aren't eating light still really like it.
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am making a weight watchers peach cobbler:

1.5 to 2 bags of frozen sugar free peaches (I'm using great value)
    1 dry Angel food cake mix
    12 to 14 oz of diet 7up or Sprite

Pour peaches into 9 x 13 baking pan, cover the bottom of pan evenly. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the peaches. Pour diet pop over the cake mix, trying make sure you get it completely wetted down. Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 20 to 30 minutes, until top crust is golden brown. This tastes really good, and is low in fat and cals.
  • orlandosgoddess21
    orlandosgoddess21 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Go here: www.skinnytaste.com. Another MFP member turned me on to this blog and this food is yummy and healthy. Changing my life, I swear. You will love it.
  • kathymc54
    kathymc54 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I just posted a healthy 4th of july-inspired parfait on my blog. So delicious! (Use both blueberries and strawberries to be EXTREMELY patritotic! :smile: )

http://peanut-butter-lover.blogspot.com/2011/07/life-liberty-and-pursuit-of-good-food.html

Ohsheglows.com and chocolatecoveredkatie.com also had some healthy red-white-and-blue desserts that you would enjoy...