Healthy sweet tooth ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• sanderson88488
    sanderson88488 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a sweet tooth is just your body telling you you need water. Try drinking a glass of really cold ice water and see if that helps. Or try some of these amazing recipes listed above
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    jordiblu wrote: »
    avocado, cinnamon and stevia (a little distilled water) blend then freeze for 10 minutes. can use 100% unsweetend cacao powder as well but i prefer cinnamon its healthier

May I just ask why it's healthier?
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    um... 1/2 cup of most ice cream is 150 calories or less. I'm just gonna go old school and eat some ice cream. Sometimed though I NEED CAKE. If I've got 200 calories or less I do 2 tbs cocoa powder (unsweet), 1 egg, and 1/3 cup of powdered sugar. Mix it all up in a mug and microwave for 45 seconds - 1 minute.
  • windee52
    windee52 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Plain lowfat greek yogurt and a tablespoon or so or sugar free Jello pudding in whatever flavor tickles your fancy. Or mix the yogurt with vanilla protein powder and some cinnamon.
  • victoria6h
    victoria6h Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This is one of my new recent go to treat- without the guilt!

First I take as much ice as I want and put it into my ice shaver ( blender would work too if your blender can blend ice)
    I put it into a cup and then add whatever type mio (or any other water enhancer) I want! ( my favorite is lemonade- it's so sweet but sour and amazing!)
    I mix it up with a spoon and then eat it as is. I am a big ice eater so it's perfect for me :) it's just like flavoured ice!

If you were looking for something a bit more "slushie" I'm sure you could just add water and mio while in the blender and it would be more like a slushie.

If your not into the whole water enhancer thing you could probably flavor it with a bit of lemon or lime juice!

I find these very satisfying and really crave my sweet tooth after meals - so I don't have to eat junky foods and the added bonus of 0 calories
  • gettingmarried817
    gettingmarried817 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I keep a couple different Fiber One bars on hand for the times when fruit won't cut it. They are either 90 calories or 150, depending on which one you choose. My kids enjoy the also. My daughter loves the salted caramel cheesecake bar. They taste good and help me get more fiber in my day.
  • moosekelly
    moosekelly Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Light hot chocolate mix helps with the chocolate cravings. One serving made with water is around 50 calories.
  • michalskinny
    michalskinny Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Halo ice cream. It will change your life.
  • cynthyat
    cynthyat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A mini ice cream sandwich is only around 100 calories. If you don't have that many left, a bowl of strawberries with a couple of tablespoons of Reddi Whip (15 calories!) is nice. Ghirardelli mini chocolate chips are good -- count out how many you can afford, and let them melt in your mouth one at a time.
  • Teemo_sucks
    Teemo_sucks Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I recently bought Natvia, it's a natural sweetener like sugar but zero calories, and it makes my porridge and teas really nice for sugar cravings :) Also fruit is good, ripe pears and bananas, strawberries and blueberries are my go to.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Eat some fruit...or just have a treat.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    One Hershey kiss, dissolved in your mouth: 22 calories, 3g sugar, almost always settles a craving.

That would BEGIN a craving for me. lol. No way. Gimme a whole bar of dark chocolate.