Having trouble getting back in the swing of things

Options
At the beginning of the year I had lost a grand total of 42 pounds, So then I tried to go into maintenance. Which meant I basically just ate whatever, Exercised everyday and didn't log or weigh often anymore. Actually that worked for a while, But then I got lazy, Started eating even more, Bring on ALLLL the excuses. and now I've gained nearly 10 pounds back
Awhile I ago I realized I needed to do something so I recreated my account here in hopes I'd start logging again and lose these few pounds. I did great for about a day then all the bad habits came back, So now I'm trying AGAIN but finding it so hard, I enjoyed the freedom of not logging and eating whatever I wanted. But I'm also stressed I gained some weight and my clothes don't fit as well.
I'm just finding it hard to get back into the weight loss mindset again

Replies

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Fridaywed wrote: »
    At the beginning of the year I had lost a grand total of 42 pounds, So then I tried to go into maintenance. Which meant I basically just ate whatever, Exercised everyday and didn't log or weigh often anymore. Actually that worked for a while, But then I got lazy, Started eating even more, Bring on ALLLL the excuses. and now I've gained nearly 10 pounds back
    Awhile I ago I realized I needed to do something so I recreated my account here in hopes I'd start logging again and lose these few pounds. I did great for about a day then all the bad habits came back, So now I'm trying AGAIN but finding it so hard, I enjoyed the freedom of not logging and eating whatever I wanted. But I'm also stressed I gained some weight and my clothes don't fit as well.
    I'm just finding it hard to get back into the weight loss mindset again

Perhaps this time around, in order to successfully maintain, pay attention to your portion sizes as you weigh and log foods. You don't have to log forever if you don't want to once/if you can eyeball portions well. There are several other accountability measures available, like weighing yourself regularly. Here's a thread with some suggestions on maintaining without a food diary: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10414244/stopping-logging-and-weighing

Also, understand that being at a healthy weight is an ongoing process, as with most things in life.
    You don't work, make money, and save for a year or two, and then quit your job while still expecting to be able to pay your bills as usual. You don't graduate and get a job and never expect that you'll need to learn new things or re-learn some things during your career in order to preserve and expand your skills/knowledge. You don't go from taking bad care of your hair to taking good care of it so that it's long and beautiful, and then go back to poor hair care habits, and then get frustrated that your hair isn't as nice anymore. Success needs to be maintained.
    Go back to step one and revisit the reasons why you want to be at your happy spot.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. We had a family situation a few months ago, and it threw me completely off track. I ate whatever/whenever - caring but not caring - if you know what I mean. I gained 5 lbs back, but I wasn't at maintenance yet so I really need to get it together NOW. Today, I woke up ready to start again - or continue - or whatever it is.

What made me want to start again is what made me want to start losing weight in the first place - I was feeling like crap. Pain, fatigue, tight clothes. I want to lose the weight so I have to pay attention to what I'm doing.

I can do it. So can you!