Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    My favourite protein powders that actually taste like what it says on the label are Quest and Optimum Nutrition choc/peanut butter casein. Both brands are low carb/sugar.

The ON choc/peanut butter has a strong peanut butter flavor?

Nope, it is rather mild. I sometimes add PB2 to up the ampage :lol: The only way I can explain it is it tastes like equal parts of chocolate and peanut butter, neither overwhelm the other.

Have you you tried Quest PB protein powder?

Okay. I'm always looking for a strong PB protein powder so I don't have to add powdered PB. I've tried the Quest and think it's pretty mild. My favorite has been the BSN peanut butter cookie so far. A little higher in fat but probably why it tastes good.

I love BSN, but it gives me the gasses :sad:

I think it might to me too. Heh.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    My favourite protein powders that actually taste like what it says on the label are Quest and Optimum Nutrition choc/peanut butter casein. Both brands are low carb/sugar.

Nope, it is rather mild. I sometimes add PB2 to up the ampage :lol: The only way I can explain it is it tastes like equal parts of chocolate and peanut butter, neither overwhelm the other.

Okay. I'm always looking for a strong PB protein powder so I don't have to add powdered PB. I've tried the Quest and think it's pretty mild. My favorite has been the BSN peanut butter cookie so far. A little higher in fat but probably why it tastes good.

I think it might to me too. Heh.

It's the whey concentrate that does it to me. I wish bsn would come out with a peanut butter flavour in Isolate or Casein, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Comparing BSN to ON, then BSN def has a stronger PB flavour to it. I'm afraid we're stuck with adding extra PB2 to our mixes.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Me too...makes squats interesting. ;)
    #imsomature
    Thankfully, I have my own barbell and weights.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Frozen blueberries!

P.S. Everybody always uses ice in their smoothies and I just can't stand that. It dilutes everything. I just use frozen fruit instead of ice and it works just the same, maybe even better.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Frozen blueberries!

P.S. Everybody always uses ice in their smoothies and I just can't stand that. It dilutes everything. I just use frozen fruit instead of ice and it works just the same, maybe even better.

Yes indeedy. Neither Ice nor water make it anywhere near my smoothies. I like mine to have a thickshake consistency that i have eat with a spoon.

• Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Frozen blueberries!

I'll definitely keep that in mind next time I make my smoothie. :) Also I'm not a big blueberry fan. I think I'll try frozen strawberries instead.
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    A protein powder won't cause you to bulk up. Only very heavy lifting will do that. :)

I like Genuine Health protein powders. They are sweetened with stevia and are almost zero carb. I like to add a quarter or half scoop to my coffee every morning, along with some whip cream or a teaspoon of coconut oil. Probably only 10g of protein but it adds a nice taste. I like to drink my calories and most smoothies are too high carb for me so coffee does the trick. (I am very low carb - ketogenic.)

Ok maybe it was stupid to think that. Lol. But I am ignorant when it comes to this stuff. I'm still new and learning. :)
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Options

I'll have to look out for those. I live peanut butter which is why I've been using pb2 powder. :)
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Options
    tryett wrote: »
    I like strawberries best, sometimes add a piece of banana. Just bought a blender so that I can make them again. You can add protein powder if it helps meet your protein macro.

I love strawberries. :) I will definitely be buying some. And I myself need a new blender. Mine is too loud. Lol. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Pretty much berries...but even then, used sparingly.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    tryett wrote: »
    I like strawberries best, sometimes add a piece of banana. Just bought a blender so that I can make them again. You can add protein powder if it helps meet your protein macro.

I love strawberries. :) I will definitely be buying some. And I myself need a new blender. Mine is too loud. Lol. :)

My blender embarrasses me. I have a roommate who's bedroom is right off the kitchen and when I'm making shakes it always takes me forever because I use xanthan gum and always try to get the perfect consistency. I can hear that she turns up the volume on her tv when I'm out there :( The thing is about 30 years old I think lol
  • Teemo_sucks
    Teemo_sucks Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love blueberries!