What time of day do you like to run?

Options
Mandygring
Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
edited July 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
What time of day do you normally like to run? I normally try to in the mornings. It's been hot and humid by the time I normally go that I may need to wake up earlier if I still want to run . Lol

Replies

• thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I aim for the part of the day with the best weather, so if it's hot, I'm going as early as possible.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I am sadly relegated to whenever my husband is home and able to watch the kids (read: when they are agreeable). This usually translates to 6-6:30PM, it can be brutally hot but thankfully we've had a pretty rainy season this year
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Personally my midweeks are in the evening, up to 12 miles. My weekend runs tend to be in the forenoon.
  • Mandygring
    Options
    Hahahaha that's funny! Better catch that bus! :D
  • TheRootofGroot
    TheRootofGroot Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm a bum when it comes to running.
    Just seems awful for hips and knees.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    It's not
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    During the week I head out as soon as I get my family out the door...0600-0630. On the weekends I sometimes start as early as 0530 so my husband can go when I am done (we have two small children).

0530 actually seems to be a sweet spot for me. Some of my best times were my earliest runs; cooler and drier for sure too but in Houston it can still be brutal at that time of morning.
  • Tracieisfitastic
    Tracieisfitastic Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Mornings. Between 4:30-6:30
  • SkinnyFatBGone
    SkinnyFatBGone Posts: 59 Member
    Options

0530 actually seems to be a sweet spot for me. Some of my best times were my earliest runs; cooler and drier for sure too but in Houston it can still be brutal at that time of morning.

Yes! I go out to memorial park around 4:45-5:00am and it's pretty hot. Low 80s.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    When being chased by something; otherwise, screw that noise.
  • loreefabulous
    loreefabulous Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like running in the morning
  • socalrunner59
    socalrunner59 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Crack of dawn. I love the still chilled air. The low hum of a world just awakening. The sight of the rising sun that fills me with hope and anticipation for yet another day.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Evenings.
  • Mandygring
    Options
    I know Houston TX is soooo humid in the summer. When I was there, the humidity felt like I could cut it with a knife. The only place worse that I've experienced was in Mexico.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Between 9am and 11am, depending on my son's mood and nap schedule that day, but hopefully going to push that earlier as he's transitioning from 2 naps to 1. When it's 80+ out, it seems too hot to take out an infant so the earlier the better.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I like to run early evening or late afternoon - but when it's hot I end up doing it early in the morning before work, which makes me feel rushed and I don't really enjoy it near as much.
  • fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    When I get a sitter, so often evemings although I feel stronger during a run when it's morning and cool.
  • shaylas78
    shaylas78 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I run at 5am through the weekday and 5:30am on the weekends.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    In the Summer time (& I live in Florida) I'm now pretty much used to 7:30 pm. It's not as hot, there's usually some sort of a back breeze off of the afternoon storm that just finished blowing through (every day in the summer here - true story) and my husband is home to be with the kids. Although many times lately, they'll ride their bikes or jog a little with me.

When it's not summer and they're in school, I'll get back to the 9 AM routine. I am just not ever going to be someone who can get up and going at 5 AM. (Plus my husband goes to work around then so I am at the mercy of him being home or them being home)