Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Not being able to break a 30 minute 20K bike time trial
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    My fasting blood sugar has gone up despite losing 25 pound this year, reducing carbs, and walking 2+ miles a day.

If your a diabetic, there are certain foods that you should stay away from - bananas being one of them. Do a search to see what's good and what's bad. Also, sprinkling a little cinnamon on your foods helps to stabilize your blood sugar.
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Looking back at my ticker and realizing at some point in 2012 I was down to 130 and I never appreciated it. I'm at 153 right now and a long way to go to get back there. Maybe I will appreciate it this time.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Low blood sugars. I need to eat to bring them up (or I die -type 1 diabetic problems at their finest), which digs into my discretionary calories. On really bad days, I could be eating 300+ calories in low blood sugar treatment (jelly beans, glucose tablets, popsicles, plus stuff to keep my blood sugar steady after a really bad or overnight low such as a small protein bar).

If my blood sugars would be relatively predictable, that would be great... but nope. 60 minutes of walking with IOB for a high BG could send me into the 50s one day while the next day keep me right at 100. Heck, today I woke up in the 150s, corrected and walked, and I went down into the 80s with significant IOB to warrant supplemental carbs. I had enough carbs to hopefully keep me steady at around 100 while I finished the rest of my walk (I like to get about 10,000 steps before breakfast. I hate exercising on a full stomach), and I ended up back at 150. :s

Oh yeah -then there's all the hormonal issues my doctors and I are trying to figure out. I'm only in my 20s, but structurally it's like I'm in menopause (long story short, I haven't had Flo in close to a year, and I'm at a healthy weight and healthy body fat percentage -my estrogen and LH are low, so now they're trying to figure out why).
  • Hyperbum
    Hyperbum Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My belly fat. Barely have an *kitten* now. My boobs are shrinking. Everything's smaller except my freakin belly. It frustrates me to no end.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    For me it's that I can't seem to eat enough calories (2700) to gain .5lbs a week. I've actually lost a little since I've been tracking, which is weird. You'd think my abs would be better.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Bxqtie116 wrote: »
    My fasting blood sugar has gone up despite losing 25 pound this year, reducing carbs, and walking 2+ miles a day.

If your a diabetic, there are certain foods that you should stay away from - bananas being one of them. Do a search to see what's good and what's bad. Also, sprinkling a little cinnamon on your foods helps to stabilize your blood sugar.

I'm pre-diabetic and try to get back to normal. I am not eating bananas at all. The only fruits i have been eating are berries, advocados and an occasional apple.Yes I weigh them. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    Low blood sugars. I need to eat to bring them up (or I die -type 1 diabetic problems at their finest), which digs into my discretionary calories. On really bad days, I could be eating 300+ calories in low blood sugar treatment (jelly beans, glucose tablets, popsicles, plus stuff to keep my blood sugar steady after a really bad or overnight low such as a small protein bar).

If my blood sugars would be relatively predictable, that would be great... but nope. 60 minutes of walking with IOB for a high BG could send me into the 50s one day while the next day keep me right at 100. Heck, today I woke up in the 150s, corrected and walked, and I went down into the 80s with significant IOB to warrant supplemental carbs. I had enough carbs to hopefully keep me steady at around 100 while I finished the rest of my walk (I like to get about 10,000 steps before breakfast. I hate exercising on a full stomach), and I ended up back at 150. :s

Oh yeah -then there's all the hormonal issues my doctors and I are trying to figure out. I'm only in my 20s, but structurally it's like I'm in menopause (long story short, I haven't had Flo in close to a year, and I'm at a healthy weight and healthy body fat percentage -my estrogen and LH are low, so now they're trying to figure out why).

Yeah it happens to me too. End up way over even though I'm not hungry because I have to eat.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

Yes! Dawn Phenomenon is super frustrating. I am in a similar boat. My FBG is always my highest reading of the day now. My liver appears to be overly excitable in the mornings.

My FBG was lower for 6 months when I was losing weight. Now I have lost 20% of my body weight so I am in the middle of a normal BMI, eat around 20-30g of carbs per day, and walk 30-90 minutes each day... Nothin. Cinnamon and apple cider vinegar do next to nothing. Very frustrating.

And if I don't walk, eat LCHF, and gain a few pounds, my FBG is even higher. Extra frustrating.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Being so close to goal (well goal #1 at least) having such high expectations and impatience. I need to relax.
    Also having no clothes that fit me properly.
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My frustration is local joints with no calorie counts. I don't trust myself to estimate because I barely eat out so I don't have much of a "library" in my head to compare it to (how do I know if the portions are similar or not, you know?). But when I go out, I don't want to limit myself to chains that have calorie counts, so I have to deal with the frustration of having no clue how many calories something is, just hoping that it's within my range. Urgh!
  • IceBerry
    IceBerry Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My biggest frustration is trying to excercise with big belly and knowing that if I keep on trying to exercise n eat right. It may go away but whats worse... I have this sag extra skins from being preg. Now I cant figure out how to get rid of sag skin without bothering me or carry all that sag weight on my lap. Its so frustrating when it gets hot n sweating, it hurts when it rubs. Ugh! Will like to hear someone who went through n what their optional to deal w this?
  • AmyWebb2
    AmyWebb2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My biggest frustration is staying at or slightly above or below my current weight for a month and a half and losing NOTHING despite staying within 50 or so calories of my daily goal. And working out. And not eating what the rest of the family is eating. And still not losing. I know it will come eventually, but I didn't realize "eventually" would mean multiple weeks at the same spot.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Having to accept that I have medical conditions that affect how I have to lose weight. Now that I'm addressing that again and accepting that I need more regular follow ups I'm losing again though
  • Veryana
    Veryana Posts: 122 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm dropping in clothes sizes so fast I can't afford new clothes and thrift shops don't have my size because it is still larger than usual... Everything just hangs on me either from a belt or my shoulders and it looks awful. And I still have 40 kg (88 lbs) to go :(
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    People who post starvation mode BS
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Unrealistic frustration: that I can't eat all the pasta-bread-cheese my heart desires without gaining weight!

Real frustration: I self sabotage myself on occasion (binging, skipping workouts, my logging truthfully).
  • AussiePeach
    AussiePeach Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My big frustration is that I put on weight so easily and have such an appetite since starting on mental health meds as a teenager
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    My biggest frustration is that my lupus is still attacking my heart, and it hurts almost every day. My biggest relief is that my heart no longer has to overcome my weight on top of that.