Is shakeology necessarily important

Options
Hello, am beginning my turbo fire 90 challenge work out tomorrow and I was wondering is the drinking of shakeology important. and if it is is there home made substitute I could make with the same effects? Please let me know.
Thank you
Trish

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    No it's not ...enjoy your workout
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    No it's not ...enjoy your workout

Agreed
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Nope, completely unnecessary. If you need extra protein and can't get it from food, then a protein powder can be useful.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    GlitzTrish wrote: »
    Hello, am beginning my turbo fire 90 challenge work out tomorrow and I was wondering is the drinking of shakeology important. and if it is is there home made substitute I could make with the same effects? Please let me know.
    Thank you
    Trish

There isnt anything special about shakeology. BB tends to push it a lot because they make a ton of money off of it.

And like others said, if you need a protein shake, just find one you enjoy.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Not in the slightest. It's overpriced and it's better to get your diet dialed in than to rely on silly things like that.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    What's the opposite of important? Because that's what shakeology is
  • ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    First of all Shakeology is NOT a protein shake. With that said , no it is not necessary. If you eat healthy well balanced meals you will do just as well. Many people really like it and the benefits they get from it. Yes it is pricey but for some it is worth it because of the dense dose of nutrition it gives you, improved digestion, reduced cravings and not to mention the ease of making a quick shake you can drink on your way out the door if you are tight on time.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Not in the least. In fact, it's wildly unimportant.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    First of all Shakeology is NOT a protein shake. With that said , no it is not necessary. If you eat healthy well balanced meals you will do just as well. Many people really like it and the benefits they get from it. Yes it is pricey but for some it is worth it because of the dense dose of nutrition it gives you, improved digestion, reduced cravings and not to mention the ease of making a quick shake you can drink on your way out the door if you are tight on time.

So basically, no.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options

Shakeology at 120 calories wouldnt even be called a good meal replacement. Most good MRP are around the 300 to 400 calorie range.

And dont get too caught up in the marketing. At the calorie range there is going to be minimal nutrition in a shake. In fact, compared to a naturemade multivitamin, it doesnt even come close on almost every value. You would be better off with the multivitamin and any protein shake, even if its not fortied with vitamins.
  • Dali032484
    Dali032484 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with all of the above. I have purchased this incredibly overpriced product and saw no improvement or felt any different. As long as you eat balanced your body will be happy.