Seeking MFP friends taking Contrave

Options
mrsjowen1
mrsjowen1 Posts: 8 Member
I'm 3 weeks in to taking Contrave and I have been sticking to a 1500 calorie diet and integrating exercise 3-4 days a week. Looking for friends and support from others doing the same or similar. I have about 80lbs to lose and its gonna be a long road.

Replies

• mrs8ball2016
    mrs8ball2016 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Doing 1300 calories. High protein. Good luck!!
  • sahbarr
    sahbarr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please add me to talks friends list. I need support and ideas. Thx
  • Gambrell104
    Gambrell104 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm on day 2
  • transformyou19
    transformyou19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started 2:2, would love to connect with others :)
  • juicydee
    juicydee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    are you experiencing appetite control? how are you sticking to the 1500 and 3-4 days of exercise. i'm still having bad cravings a week inl.
  • rebeccalynn915
    rebeccalynn915 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was on it and then stopped. Wonder if I should try it again. It was kind of expensive and I really wasn't trying like I should.
  • coatesp77
    coatesp77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on it in the first week towards the end of the week and I'll tell you it has killed my appetite already. I have to remember to eat. Lost 3 pounds while on it so far.
  • mball73
    mball73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started the 4 days ago. Just the one pill has really dampened my appetite. Have seen side effects like dry mouth and irritable stomach.
  • mirandag57
    mirandag57 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 1 I started for a week but had some severe dry mouth and had to stop but my Dr advised me to start again add me :smiley:
  • Kisha352
    Kisha352 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello.
    I was using Belviq and it was working wonders! I used it last year and then stopped because it was so $$$. With diet and working out weekly I lost over 25lbs. I finally have new insurance and i started using it again and I was able to get 10lbs off in 2 months but no more then that. So I switched over to Contrave and I am on day 2, I do have a bit of dry mouth (which I had on the Belviq) BUT it just helps me with my water intake (trying to always find a bright side to everything). I noticed once I stopped taking the Belviq my mood changed and I was VERY moody! With the Contrave I do not feel moody and i'm fine. My other half and I are trying to have a little one and I need to get my weight down to do so. So fingers cross this will help me kick start again.
    Also I seen on here someone said Contrave is $$$, there is a coupon you can get from their website and it will be $77 a month. Belviq is $170 with out insurance which is sooooo $$$! Smiles Kisha
  • jeanjean619
    jeanjean619 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I am anxiously awaiting insurance approval and hoping I'm making the right choice! I am curious if anyone feels fatigued? I tried saxanda and the fatigue was too much for me and I had to stop (I had no energy to do simple daily tasks like cooking dinner after work.) I am hoping contrave will bring a bit of energy and focus so I can move forward!
    Any thoughts? Thanks and good luck to all!!
  • Valpinglow
    Valpinglow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I am anxiously awaiting insurance approval and hoping I'm making the right choice!

Did you get approval? My doctor prescribed Contrave for me today an I am now waiting for approval. I'm assuming my insurance just needs to check with my MD to be sure I meet the BMI criteria.
  • jeanjean619
    jeanjean619 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten approval yet, and I just received a letter from insurance saying they need more information. My dr told me to get the coupon...I wonder if it that means I may not get approved?!!? I hate the wait (because I start to research too much and second guess my decision to try it!!) How about you? Have you started yet?
  • Valpinglow
    Options
    No. Pharmacist called me and said what is required is a letter from my doctor explaining why he prescribed this medication instead of one of the cheaper medications intended for weight loss. Ummm...maybe because it doesn't have addictive properties like the amphetamines or the side effects of topirimate. I'm prepared to pay for it but don't understand why it wouldn't be covered when many medications that are medically unnecessary and don't really improve your health are.
  • tineetiger
    tineetiger Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been on con trave sense Feb 5 2016 and I have lost 34 pounds I believe. Con trave the first two weeks of trying made me feel naustiouse and it only did that when I tried it last year for 2 months and couldn't finish because of the price. But I didn't get sick when I started in Feb. It does make me constipated and I fet the jitters and I have no idea why. I'll take my pill with food and then say I start cleaning or excersising within a hour after I get shaky and jittery like I can't move fast enough which is weird but it's lIke a burst of energy and contrave boost my mind set. I feel better about me and life and even if it didn't work I would prbably take it just to feel good all the time no matter what
  • Valpinglow
    Options
    I got approval and have been taking for one week. I just bumped up to one pill twice daily yesterday. I am noticing a slight difference.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    The components of Contrave can be prescribed separately as generics, though not exact doses, in case anyone wants to discuss that option with their doctors.
  • momandteacher81
    momandteacher81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looking for MFP friends who are using Contrave to help keep me accountable. Start the medicine on Monday.
  • Lisa1660
    Lisa1660 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    what is Contrave???