Mommy Challenge (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• sgarner2005
    sgarner2005 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    How is everyone? It has been a quiet week! I hope everyone is giving this last week their all. I have been 50/50..doing insanity 6 days a week so my workouts are awesome but my eating...ehhh..another story, lol! I am only eating 1500-1600 calories which is good, but i am using at least 400 calories for junk! I am going to join a sugar free for 2 weeks challenge after the 4th to help curb my addiction..yes i said addiction, lol! i swear im addicted to rice krispy treats!! I enjoyed this challenge so much ladies!! on Monday we will do a final weigh in and i will email the results to MiamiMimi so that she will bless us with a final chart. Because we all seem to still have more to go we will definitely do an "add on" challenge for our closed group..im thinking "Labor Day losers" (mommy challenge part 2) starting July 11th and ending through September 2nd...the goal 15 pounds...i know we can do it!! all those interested in continuing will give their new start weight on monday July 11th. An addition to this challenge recommended by a fellow mommy, is to give a weekly push challenge- ex. drink 8 glasses of water daily this week. i think it is a great idea. We dont need a formality to that; if you feel like throwing out a weekly challenge we will use it that week. Just post it sunday night or early monday morning!! Lets finish out our 4th of July challenge with a bang!!!
    Count me in with whatever you decide to do - this has been awesome and you ladies are the best.....looking very forward to a continuation!

Yes, count me in too!!! I am totally in! The more goals the better!
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm in!!! Also, I won't be able to weigh on Monday since I"ll be out of town and won't have access to a scale. I'm going to weigh Saturday and then I can weigh again on Tuesday morning so you can use whichever one you want.

Looking forward to 'Labor Day Losers'!!! :happy:
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Count Me in!!! I'd love to be a LABOR DAY LOSER!!
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    labor day loser! i am in!! i will not be able to weigh in on monday. hope tuesday will be ok.
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Labor Day challenge sounds great, although if I make my 4th of July challenge goal, I only have 5 more pounds to go for my Labor Day goal! I'm so excited, but really really need to stay motivated with the wedding date just over 2 months away! I also love the idea of weekly challenges, it's the small goals that keep us going each week!

Happy Canada Day to any Canadians out there and Happy 4th of July weekend for all of us Americans. Keep on track but enjoy the holiday Mommies!
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hey Mommies... haven't been up to par lately.. have been fighting a flu, but that didn't keep me away from my workouts! Had to at least lose one or two more by Monday, to finish up this challenge with a respectable loss!

Anyways... all you ladies here are so amazing and so inspirational! I wanted to say "Thank You" for ALL being so special! And to those who I've become "friends" with, you ladies are super-awesome!

So looking forward to the Labor Day Losers!!! Lets get this going ladies!! Wooohooo! :drinker: (water)
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hey Mommies... haven't been up to par lately.. have been fighting a flu, but that didn't keep me away from my workouts! Had to at least lose one or two more by Monday, to finish up this challenge with a respectable loss!

Anyways... all you ladies here are so amazing and so inspirational! I wanted to say "Thank You" for ALL being so special! And to those who I've become "friends" with, you ladies are super-awesome!

So looking forward to the Labor Day Losers!!! Lets get this going ladies!! Wooohooo! :drinker: (water)

i hope you feel better soon!
  • nicolerah
    Options

i hope you feel better soon!

Thanks a mil chica!
  • vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    my final weigh in for this challenge is 140.6. I lost 4 pounds... Not bad but not what I was hoping. oh well! Congrats to all you mamas out there :)
  • nicolerah
    Options
    Happy 4th to you all you Mommies out there in the US!!

I am so anxious to get my weight when I wake up! I wish us all the best!! :flowerforyou:
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th of July Mommies! Well here is my final tally....

SW - 191.6
    6/6 - 189.0
    6/13 - 185.0
    6/20 - 182.6
    6/27 - 180.0
    7/4 - 179.2

Total Loss - 12.4

I know i should be thrilled with this but i must admit i am disappointed with this last week. I was still good with eating and worked out and this was my smallest loss since i started here. Im so nervous i am going to hit a plateau :sad: So if anyone has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate the advice! Good luck to you all today and i look forward to the future!!!
  • nicolerah
    Options
    Okie dokie Mommies... Happy 4th!!

Here's to the last weigh-in for this challenge! :drinker:

Week 05/30/11 - 148
    Week 6/6/11 - 147
    Week 6/13/11 - 145.5
    Week 6/20/11 - 144
    Week 7/04/11 - 141.5

This week's loss - 2.5 llbs
    Loss since beginning Mommy Challenge - 6.5 llbs (8.5llb since joining MFP)

Congrats to Angelacasey for the awesome job of surpassing your challenge goal!! Congrats to vraesgame for your loss as well! I think we ALL did a wonderful job and I cant wait for the Labor Day Losers to start!

I'm eagerly awaiting the rest of you mommies to post your losses here today!! Come on ladies check in!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hi mommies! A little hungover :indifferent: and at work, so not hte best mood :huh: Congrats to you ladies for completing the challenge with a loss!!1 Angelacasey all i can say is WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!! Awesome job; dont let the one week get you down, you lost 12 pounds in June!!! Than is amazing! And Nicolerah and Versagame i am so proud of you guys!!! Amazing losses as well. I will weigh in 2nite when i get out of my funk :indifferent: just wanted to tell you guys that u are inspiring and i am so happy that so far everyone has had some kind of loss!!:happy:
  • sgarner2005
    sgarner2005 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I DID IT!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Starting Weight for this challenge: 180
    Week 1: 177.2
    Week 2: 176.6
    Week 3: 175
    Week 4: 172.2
    Week 5: 169.5

Total Lost: 10.5

YAY!!! I have one week until vacation so I am hopeful to just maintain this until I get back, and then it's full force to lose another 10. I have to go shopping now. HA HA!! :smile:
  • nicolerah
    Options
    I DID IT!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Starting Weight for this challenge: 180
    Week 1: 177.2
    Week 2: 176.6
    Week 3: 175
    Week 4: 172.2
    Week 5: 169.5

Total Lost: 10.5

YAY!!! I have one week until vacation so I am hopeful to just maintain this until I get back, and then it's full force to lose another 10. I have to go shopping now. HA HA!! :smile:

Congrats!!!
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight for this challenge: 130
    Week 1: 129.8
    Week 2: 127.4
    Week 3: 125.4
    Week 4: 124.2
    Week 5: 123.6

Total Lost: 6.4

I didn't make it to the 10 lb goal, but I know as I'm getting closer and closer to my goal weight the loss is going to slow way down. That fact that it's continued to drop (no matter the rate) is still a good thing! I'm working my way in the right direction. With just under 10 weeks now till my wedding, I still have time to achieve my goals!

Great work Mommies! Excited about the Labor Day challenge now! Hope everyone is having a great Fourth of July holiday!
  • zsesteacher
    zsesteacher Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    well the scale didn't move this week...I stayed at 252..so my weight loss is 6 pds...I did lose inches from my bust, waist, and hips..

my measurements were bust 251 now it's 248
    waist 249 now 244
    hips 53 now 52

I also lost 2 sizes on jeans...when I started I was an 18W no I'm buying 16R...so I'm very happy even though I only lost 6 pds...Also, the XL tshirts are fitting very loose (yay)!!!! I know I'm not giving up and I'm will keep on going until I reach my goal weight which is about 150/160....I know we all can do this together....so good luck to all the mommy's....

Yvette
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow Mommies!

The end of this challenge is somewhat bittersweet for me b/c it has really encouraged me to not go crazy over the weekends with my "cheat meals". I am definitely looking forward to starting the Labor Day Losers challenge, so keep us all posted on that..

SW - 159.4
    Week 6/6/11 - 156.4
    Week 6/13/11 - 154.5
    Week 6/20/11 - 153.8
    Week 6/27/11 - 151.4
    Week 7/4/11- 150.9
    Total lost - 8.5 lbs

I was not able to resist pizza and death by chocolate cake over the long weekend, so I took a couple steps backward with the weight loss:blushing: In my defense, July 4th is the weekend that my husband & I met 10 years ago so I wanted to celebrate a little - life is too short to not enjoy the journey...:wink:

NSV: I was able to go shopping for some "skinny clothes" this weekend - fit into size 4 jeans&capris!!! YAY! And I bought some form-fitting shirts for the first time since before I was pregnant with my first child.

I am going to hit it extra hard this week though & start strong with Labor Day losers challenge. I am on my way to a neighborhood July 4th BBQ now, but I will enjoy in moderation... repeat 3X:tongue:

Congrats to all my fellow mommies on our progress over the last 5 weeks. No matter how much/little we lost, we ALL are making progress and that's something to be super proud of. Great job ALL!!!
  • nicolerah
    Options
    quiarga, zsesteacher and lovecola06... Congrats on completion and your individual losses!!