Whats your nsv today?

Options
ericatoday
ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
Mine i ran my first 5k event today. Last year i could barely run a half mile without wanting to die but now i run a 5k 3-4 times a week. I usually do them in about 40 minutes due to the fact i do them in the desert behind my house and i have to walk a section of soft sand due to my weak ankles. So i wasnt sure how today would go running on a sidewalk for the event but i ran the entire thing except i did have to run to the bathroom during but that didnt stop me from coming in 3rd place and beating my time of 40 minutes with an amazing 32.44minutes. Im extremely proud of myself.

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • ceceblackstock327
    ceceblackstock327 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Erica! Mine is that I enjoyed my exercise today-walking down the road, skipping and jogging in the backyard. 7000 steps so far today.
  • Redwineandmuscles
    Redwineandmuscles Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to reporting my nsv! Perhaps it will be wearing a bikini in public next week.
  • ericatoday
    Options
    Those are all great nsvs. I still have a hard time with passing up certain foods in certain situations. But one step at a time to a healthier life. Congratulations to everyone on their nsvs ots not always about the scale but also those little accomplishments we make everyday.
  • leslienicole318
    leslienicole318 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Oh my Gosh good job! I'm actually doing my first ever 5k in November with my cousin, aunt, and sister in law! I'm so excited and I start training tomorrow :smiley:
  • ericatoday
    Options
    I ran my first 5k today! In my whole life!! No stopping!! 38.5 mins!!

That awesome. Thats a really good time for not running one before. Congrats
  • ericatoday
    Options
    Oh my Gosh good job! I'm actually doing my first ever 5k in November with my cousin, aunt, and sister in law! I'm so excited and I start training tomorrow :smiley:

Good stuff. Have you tried the c25k app that will help if you arent much of a runner.
  • leslienicole318
    leslienicole318 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it. But I'm definitely gonna check it out, thank you! When I was in softball I could run 3 miles in about 24 minutes no problem. Now? Hardly finishing my mile lol. And it always takes around 12 or 13 minutes :/
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I LOVE reading about the 5ks! Mine is in a couple weeks and I'm rather looking forward to it :)

My NSV today is that I was able to zip up a dress I've not worn in 10+ years. I also squeezed into another and got it zipped, but still too tight to really wear. I'm pretty psyched about both!
  • the_new_mark_2017
    the_new_mark_2017 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! I'd be happy with a 7 minute improvement too! WTG!
  • ericatoday
    Options
    I've never heard of it. But I'm definitely gonna check it out, thank you! When I was in softball I could run 3 miles in about 24 minutes no problem. Now? Hardly finishing my mile lol. And it always takes around 12 or 13 minutes :/

I wish i could run 3 miles in 24 minutes. Youll get there again. Keep it up :)
    I LOVE reading about the 5ks! Mine is in a couple weeks and I'm rather looking forward to it :)

My NSV today is that I was able to zip up a dress I've not worn in 10+ years. I also squeezed into another and got it zipped, but still too tight to really wear. I'm pretty psyched about both!

Thats awesome. I know that feeling is amazing. I recently just fit into the same size pants i was when i was 17 right before i got pregnant with my first son. That was 8 years ago. I remember after i had him i couldnt get my pants over my thighs i cried and havent been able to until recently. Congrats :)
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I bought a size of jeans too small a few months ago (maybe 5 months?) and as i'm maintaining and didn't really intend to lose much more (not enough to go down a trouser size!) they have just sat in my closet ignored. I put them on yesterday and they fit perfectly! Yay pole for making my body so much tighter!!!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    I bought a size of jeans too small a few months ago (maybe 5 months?) and as i'm maintaining and didn't really intend to lose much more (not enough to go down a trouser size!) they have just sat in my closet ignored. I put them on yesterday and they fit perfectly! Yay pole for making my body so much tighter!!!
    well done!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!