Best Bread?

Options
13»

Replies

• time4me38
    time4me38 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you have an Aldi store, they have a fit and active wheat bread that has 35 calories per slice (and it tastes good). If not, there is a brand at Walmart (not sure right now of the name) that has 35 calories as well. It is good. I do know the 35 cal is printed on the front in biggish numbers.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    The weight watchers bread is super cheap and 45 calories/slice (I even weighed them to check!
  • katandwaves
    katandwaves Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    To the Dave's Killer Bread fans - what part of the store do you find this? I want to try it. Thanks :)
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    To the Dave's Killer Bread fans - what part of the store do you find this? I want to try it. Thanks :)

I'm not a fan of Dave's, but it's found in the bread section with the rest of the bread.

daveskillerbread.com/locator/
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I've been eating tomato sandwiches with this bread:

product-classic-white.png

It's probably the least nutrient dense thing on the planet, but at 70 calories a slice, I'll live with that. At least until tomato season is over.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Ezekiel 7 grain bread is what I buy.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I like Ezekiel Sprouted Seed bread.
  • ColetteM6
    ColetteM6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love potato bread! To cut down on the portions I bought a bag of slider rolls (or dinner rolls). 90 cals per roll.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    product_formulated_wholegrainSugarfree_890x1000px.png?timestamp=1447864195

I've been eating this for quite some time now. 50 cal per slice.
  • flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    We only use Sara Lee's Delightful products. Wheat bread( 1 slice) 45 cal, 8 carbs /wheat hamburger buns-80 cal, 20 carbs .
    I also love Village Hearth Light english muffins (2 halfs)-90 cal, 20 carbs.
  • candacem1991
    candacem1991 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know most people don't do this but I make my own bread sometimes. I know its fresh, what went in it and I can change it up by adding extras like flax seed, oats, etc. I use my bread machine on the dough selection and it does all the work for me and once its mixed and risen I take it out and bake it. Super easy and doesn't cost much at all for a good healthy bread.
  • kelliward1
    kelliward1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I like the sandwich thins...use them for breakfast sandwiches too (1 scrambled egg, 1 chopped up veggie sausage breakfast pattie on the toasted sandwich thin bread...yum!)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I make my own bread now. Got tired of wasting calories on sub-par bread.
  • newereveryday
    newereveryday Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't have a particular bread of choice at the moment, but back when I ate a sandwich almost every day, I started doing half sandwiches (using just one slice of bread, folded in half) instead with an additional low-cal side. It let me still have the sandwich I wanted, but helped keep my calories down and I discovered a lot of side dishes I don't know that I would have tried otherwise.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I just went out and bought Dave's Killer Bread small slice at 60 calories OMG I love it. Thanks for the tip!!!!!!
  • jvanessa89
    jvanessa89 Posts: 332 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    This is the only bread I buy anymore

Ezekiel_Sprouted_Grain_Bread.jpg

info_120_0.jpg?itok=DX8O1wti

They have a flax variety with even more protein in it (5 grams a slice)
  • josette06
    josette06 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I eat 647 Bread...it has a decent amount of fiber and only 40 calories per slice. I only eat it for breakfast with my eggs.
  • les2788
    les2788 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm also on the sarah lee 45 calories is what I buy, and skinny girl 100 calorie whole wheat pita wraps!
  • eshults89
    eshults89 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel! Clean and full of protein and good stuff!!!