Hot tub at Gym?

Options
My local gym has a hot tub in the men's locker room. It has posted rules, but so far the dress code has been super on the down low. I'm not sure what is expected. My instincts tell me that wearing any clothes in there is probably not the norm, but I want to avoid any possible embarrassing moments, like getting in trouble because I'm supposed to be wearing something. I have found no information on it whatsoever and I have even asked the front desk and they seemed like they didn't really know either.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Don't know what to tell you. You could post a sign on the gym's bulletin board saying you're looking for a friend to give you a hot tub orientation but that likely won't go well.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    So....it seemed like a good idea to ask total strangers on the internets? I don't know, Speedos perhaps.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Erm, same thing you wear in the pool?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Wear a swimsuit. No one is going to cry foul if you wear trunks.

It sounds like you want to be nekkid tho. So wear your trunks and if you notice that everyone else is free balling then feel free to do your thang.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    bleee7 wrote: »
    My local gym has a hot tub in the men's locker room. It has posted rules, but so far the dress code has been super on the down low. I'm not sure what is expected. My instincts tell me that wearing any clothes in there is probably not the norm, but I want to avoid any possible embarrassing moments, like getting in trouble because I'm supposed to be wearing something. I have found no information on it whatsoever and I have even asked the front desk and they seemed like they didn't really know either.

I usually employ this tactic when a customer asks me a blatantly vacuous question like this, just sayin.
  • annie_858
    annie_858 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

It sounds like you want to be nekkid tho. So wear your trunks and if you notice that everyone else is free balling then feel free to do your thang.
    DavPul wrote: »

Lmfaoooo
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Swim suit or trunks, it's not a bathtub ;-)
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    It's a public hot tub. Wear trunks.
    But honestly, the hot tub at my gym is so gross and filthy, I wouldn't go in it at all.