To weigh or not to weigh ......everyday!

2»

Replies

• STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    When I first started in January 2016 for the first two months I only weigh myself once every two weeks. To me this is the best approach. you have to get into a mindset that this is a long-term journey and not a short-term Sprint.

Remember when you put the weight on you didn't weigh yourself everyday and you didn't gain all the weight at once so the same thing is going to happen now that you've decided to lose it.

On the other hand now that I have reached my goal weight and I have access to scales at work I weigh myself daily. The only reason I'm doing this is part of the education process as I'm going into a maintenance. What I mean by an education process is I'm more curious to see how my body weight fluctuates on a day-to-day basis. I'm not worried about gaining cuz I know I've developed the proper habits.

• dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    I weigh almost every day to get comfortable with the fluctuations. Of course I'll weigh more the morning after a big evening meal -- and that is OK because I'm living life, balancing my calories by eating lighter today, my clothes fit nicely, etc. For me (not everybody of course) this keeps me less worried about the exact number on the scale as long as my trend is down.
  • ellie_RN
    ellie_RN Posts: 19 Member
    I try to not weigh myself daily because a) we can gain an absurdly amount of water weight in a given day and b) it becomes an obession and negative behavior for me. So! If I remember then I do so weekly.
  • Glitterinmyveins33
    Glitterinmyveins33 Posts: 16 Member
    I weigh myself once a week. If I did it every day I would make myself crazy.
  • honorthecolors
    honorthecolors Posts: 33 Member
    Numbers are going go up and down minus and plus a few pounds but that's water weight. Don't stress or celebrate over a few pounds. What you want to do is weight yourself once a week around the same time and try to wear similar clothes. I also weigh myself in the nude.
  • Atchmon
    Atchmon Posts: 16 Member
    I like to weigh in once a week, usually on a the same day (from the day I started) around the same time if I can. A week was enough time to see some results even if it fluctuated from water weight, there (should) be enough solid fat loss to merit a decent loss.
  • ausrunninggal
    ausrunninggal Posts: 28 Member
    I've been thinking about this lately as well.
    I'm thinking of tracking my weight everyday for a month to see what happens... I've also fallen into the 'I can eat this and burn it off before my weigh in' trap!