Has anyone tried intermediate fasting???

Options
Hi guys um I've been trying intermediate fasting for 3 days and I'm not gonna lie it was tough! But I would really like to hear what people around the world could say

Replies

• Goldstr324
    Goldstr324 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do a fasting/cleanse day once a week and it works amazingly with the diet plan I am on.
  • duckforceone
    duckforceone Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Get's easier with practice.

I started out by learning to skip breakfast most days...

then i started doing the 24 hour fasts, twice a week. Eating all day until 1800, and then not eating again until the next day at 1800... found this to be the best split for me.

This has since evolved into me fasting for 20 hours and eating during the final 4 hours..
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I've had a lot of success with IF, has helped me tame my hunger and made it easier to lose weight. I go 16/8 most days, which is just skipping breakfast if you think about it. There's an IF group here on mfp you should join if you're interested.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I have found that intermittent fasting works well with my schedule and my natural eating pattern. For as long as I could remember, on the weekends I wouldn't eat until 3 or 4pm, would have one large meal and then something small before bed. Yet during the work week I would [overeat] eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. It wasn't until early this year when I actively started losing weight and joined MFP that I realized I could use that natural 'fast' to my advantage: save all my calories for a small window, eat larger meals in that time frame and feel completely satisfied in a deficit. So instead of two days a week I now intentionally and deliberately intermittently fast every day. I fast from 8-9pm until 2pm the following day. That creates a 6-7 hour eating window followed by a 17-18 hour fast.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I've started this almost a month ago and it does have some adjustments for your body to get used to. I do the 16:8 where I eat all my meals and snacks in an 8 hour window and fast for the remaining 16. I don't feel like I'm starving as I'm coming close to the time to eat again, just hungry. Yesterday for example, when I got around to eating, I realized I actually fasted 22 hours. I find it to be beneficial cause it helps me stay within my calories and when I get close to reaching that last hour to eat, if I'm not really hungry, I'll drink a protein shake and I'm good.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I found it helps with hunger. I don't eat during daylight hours, so right now in summer that's 3am-9.25pm where I'm not eating. The only exceptions are social eating, when I go out with family. Those days I will count whatever I ate for lunch/dinner and then eat the remaining calories after 9.25. I find that after I've eaten I don't crave more food because I've had a fairly large amount of food (I'm on 1300 calories) in a short space of time.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Wepz wrote: »
    Do you mean 'Intermittent fasting'?

Links to a couple groups with lots of info. Anything that helps you stay consistent is a good thing.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100058-5-2-fasting
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I started doing this unintentionally. My doc told me to stop trying to eat on a schedule and just listen to my body. I'm not hungry during the day usually but always hungry in the evening regardless of what I eat during the day. Now most days I have a snack 2-3pm and then one large meal at night.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Yes. Currently doing 19:5. Works perfectly for me. I eat a large dinner followed later by dessert/several snacks. I love it. I'm full and completely satisfied when I go to bed.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I have been doing roughly 16:8 and drinking tea with half and half or a splash of cream in the morning. As a very short person with about 20lbs to lose I get a small amount of calories and this helps keep those cals available for me to eat in the afternoon which is when I tend to get snacky:) I find that no matter if I start eating first thing in the morning or start eating at lunch I'm not that hungry until after that first meal then I'm hungry the rest of the day.