Do MyFitnessPal and Fitbit talk to each other

Options
On a LCHF diet I've been using MyFitnessPal to track the food I'm eating. From the middle of May until now I've dropped from 15st 4lb to 13st 12lb; my goal is between 13 - 12.5 stone

In an attempt to keep the weight off and stay motivated I'm thinking of buying a Fitbit Charge HD but one of my concerns is that it might not give me as accurate a picture of my carb/fat intake as MyFitnessPal does,

However, I think I have read somewhere that MyFitnessPal and Fitbit can work together can anyone offer me advice on this?

At almost £100 I want to make sure I buy something that will give me maximum benefit. Please feel free to offer advice and information and thank you

Kevin

Replies

• MarkaStone
    MarkaStone Posts: 55 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The fitbit site will talk to MFP and vice versa. So anything you enter into MFP will show up on the fitbit site but only as a summary. The fitbit (I own the Blaze) is only any good for tracking what calories you use, your HR (if it is one of the ones with that ability), steps & any other activities you do. It won't actually help you anymore with your food intake than using MFP already does.

You can create a free account on the Fitbit website, the premium stuff isn't really worth the cash (I did pay for premium but won't be renewing it) and you can see what it does and doesn't do