WiFi Scales

Options
Which is considered to be the better scale that integrates well with My Fitness Pal?

Replies

• hollyvalli
    hollyvalli Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like my Fitbit Aria but there are cheaper options too. :)
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have a withings scale and it integrates well with MFP, getting ready to up grade to the body cardio. There are other and it depends on how much $$'s u want to spend.
  • cliftonav
    cliftonav Posts: 29 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I purchased the Fitbit Aria. I am sending it back as just can't get it to integrate with MFP. Each time I select the Fitbit Aria in MFP to add it, I am taken to the Fitbit website page which displays "Oops. It's not your fault...it's ours. We are having problems with our servers". It's been like this for almost 3 days! Sending it back (bought it on Amazon). I have ordered the Withings WiFi Scale instead - perhaps i will have better results.
  • MichaelJSwann
    MichaelJSwann Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like the scale is at fault, just a connection between the services. Did you do the set up through the Fitbit website on a WiFi connected mobile device or tablet?

I bought a Fitbit Aria and have no problems getting my readings to MFP. I just set it up on my Fitbit account following the instructions using my tablet and linked Fitbit and MFP. I have two connections - one for steps, the other for the scale.

I only have issues getting my readings to Garmin Connect as it doesn't want to do it automatically for some reason and when it does the readings on Garmin Connect are on the wrong day.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Based on a fellow MFP'er recommendation I got the withings scale. The setup was a breeze and took a few seconds, and it sends data to all of my apps that support it flawlessly. I'm happy with the scale and I'm glad I bought it based on someone's real experience, not some paid reviews. I've had it for a month and I have yet to complain about anything.
  • cliftonav
    cliftonav Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like the scale is at fault, just a connection between the services. Did you do the set up through the Fitbit website on a WiFi connected mobile device or tablet?

I bought a Fitbit Aria and have no problems getting my readings to MFP. I just set it up on my Fitbit account following the instructions using my tablet and linked Fitbit and MFP. I have two connections - one for steps, the other for the scale.

I only have issues getting my readings to Garmin Connect as it doesn't want to do it automatically for some reason and when it does the readings on Garmin Connect are on the wrong day.

I set it up using my tablet and follow the guided instructions.

It does connect to my Fitbit online account - and details are being stored. It just isn't syncing with MFP - which is the main reason that I purchased it as I already have a smart scale.

I contacted Fitbit about it - they said that their servers are possibly down and I should try again later on. It's been 3 days now.....still the same issue of not syncing.