Low carb diet

Options
I'm starting the low carb diet. Does anyone have good meal ideas/reciepes for a low carb breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like and hit your calorie goal. There's really no (rational) reason to complicate weight loss.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Come join the Low Carber Daily. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group You'll find a great deal of support, information, and meal ideas there. (Rather than have your dietary choices questioned. LOL)
  • jdwils14
    jdwils14 Posts: 154 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Eat what you like and hit your calorie goal. There's really no (rational) reason to complicate weight loss.

Real helpful. :-/
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    jdwils14 wrote: »

I think this post is helpful. There are many people (perhaps not the OP) but plenty of people that think weight loss lies in carb restriction..... instead of calorie restriction. But it's always about the calories anyway you look at it. Different strokes.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    jdwils14 wrote: »

Your post wasn't anymore helpful either

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/742/healthy-recipes/low-carb/
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the low carb diet. Does anyone have good meal ideas/reciepes for a low carb breakfast, lunch and dinner?

ruled.me/
    Literally every recipe on this website.
  • chaosathena
    chaosathena Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I LOVE using zoodles (zucchini noodles) instead of normal pasta. I love chicken and parmesan cream cheese sauce over zoodles even more than I like it with regular pasta. Here is the recipe for the sauce https://blog.udemy.com/cream-cheese-pasta-sauce/

Zoodles are super easy to make and take very little time. You can get a spiralizer and start making your own noodles in no time. Here's a link to the one I have. https://smile.amazon.com/Spiral-Slicer-Spiralizer-Complete-Bundle/dp/B00J19AR7W/ref=sr_1_10?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1468176619&sr=1-10&keywords=spiralizer

You can make a sandwich using lettuce for a wrap instead of bread. I love making PF Chang lettuce wraps.

Breakfast: Fruit and Yogurt, Turkey Bacon and eggs, apple and peanut butter, grapes and cheese.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    "The low carb diet" should come with recipes or at least a meal plan - if not, it's not a diet. When you know why you want to eat low carb, you'll understand what you'll need to eat. I bet you just "want to go low carb" because you think you need to to lose weight. You don't, and that's why I said what I said in my first post. Trying to adhere to some arbitrary rules without understanding the reasoning, and not needing to, will make it so hard to stick to a calorie deficit and eat well, which is all you really need to do to lose weight and improve health.

I can't fathom why it should be more helpful to post random recipes, than telling someone that you don't have to jump through all these hoops to do simple stuff. A person looking for recipes, asks for specific recipes in the recipe section. This is posted in the "Food and nutrition" section, and responses will tend to focus on food/nutrition.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I Breathe I'm Hungry has great recipes, meal plans, and even shopping lists for Keto diets and low carb.

And the first reply was correct unless you have diabetes or some other medical condition there is no need to ear low carb. I choose low carb because I found it to be the easiest way to restrict my calories. TL; DR You do You.