My guestimation method worked alright, until about 4 weeks ago.

Options
However, it's time to buckle down and be accurate on calories consumed. I need scale recommendations.

Thank you.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Digital with a tare to zero button, one you could put a plate or pan on and still see the display They are all fairly similar, don't pay a fortune

Mine's Salter never had any problems
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Nice, thanks for the feedback.

We're on a strict budget, so I have to take price into consideration. Of course, our budget is also why I was willing to "guestimate" as long as it was working.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I got mine at Walmart for around $20, but I've seen cheaper ones at Ross. Just look for a digital one that has ounces and grams option, as well as tare.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Digital with a tare to zero button, one you could put a plate or pan on and still see the display They are all fairly similar, don't pay a fortune

Ditto:

- Digital
    - Tare feature
    - measures grams and ounces
    - big enough to put a bowl or plate on and see the display

I bought the cheapest one I could find and it's worked great for me. Good luck!
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have the Ozeri Pronto- $12 on Amazon and does everything I need it to.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Being able to measure a big bowl or pot would be fabulous. I make insane batches of soup/stews/casseroles. We have seven in our house and I often make enough for a few lunches and two dinners for everyone.
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    Options

This is the one I have. I love it
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    If you can't find one that will let you see the display with a plate on it, I find putting a Tupperware bowl underneath my plate works just fine.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    However, it's time to buckle down and be accurate on calories consumed. I need scale recommendations.

Thank you.

Any digital food scale is awesome! Go buy the cheapest one for you.

Are you saying you stopped losing weight about 4 weeks ago? I ask because I note by your ticker that you've lost 48 pounds. Congratulations!!!!

Since you were doing so well until 4 weeks ago, have you adjusted your calories goals down with every ten pounds or so? As we get smaller, we need less fuel!

Good luck!
  • hannahsadler_tn
    hannahsadler_tn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have the Taylor 11 pound scale. You can get it from Walmart or Amazon. Around 20 bucks and I've been using it for 3 years. It does grams which is super important for me, and has a zero/Tare function. Runs on AAA batteries and I've only had to change them once. Best of luck!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I bought mine 14 months ago, use it daily, still original batteries, accurate and pretty: https://amazon.com/Ozeri-Epicurean-Removable-Weighing-Platform/dp/B005WLPVUG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Being able to measure a big bowl or pot would be fabulous. I make insane batches of soup/stews/casseroles. We have seven in our house and I often make enough for a few lunches and two dinners for everyone.

My food scale only weighs a maximum of 11 pounds. Therefore you possibly should just weigh, your serving size; instead of the entire batch.
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    yeah I need to crack down too. my body will not let me get away with guess. the digital scale is so helpful