What made you want to lose weight?

Options
lista10
lista10 Posts: 73 Member
For me it was a lot of things, get healthy, getting my sexy back, feeling confident, feeling pretty again, feeling like I could kick anyone's *kitten* again. The list could go on but, at the end of the day I want to improve myself to be the best what ever that is. So what's your story? Why or what made you want to lose weight?

Replies

• lista10
    Options
    Good for you, that couldn't have been easy. I've had a baby two years ago and after, I had gained a lot of weight like I was at my heaviest that I had ever been, and now I've lost 25 lbs last year and felt great and then fell off the wight loss wagon and now I'm back trying to be healthy again. It's no joke it's hard and it's not easy.
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    -To be healthier
    -To feel better
    -To make my ex regret leaving (it worked)
  • jmidd97
    jmidd97 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    So many different, little things. But being the "big friend" was emotionally taxing. I could never fully enjoy myself around my friends, because it was always in the back of my mind. And all the "rules"...always eat less than them, eat slower than them, keep hugs to a minimum or they'll realise, no tight clothes they'll see I'm fat, never say you're hungry....so many.
  • tmi_gang
    tmi_gang Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    jmidd97 wrote: »
    So many different, little things. But being the "big friend" was emotionally taxing. I could never fully enjoy myself around my friends, because it was always in the back of my mind. And all the "rules"...always eat less than them, eat slower than them, keep hugs to a minimum or they'll realise, no tight clothes they'll see I'm fat, never say you're hungry....so many.

You seriously know my struggle, @jmidd97
  • jmidd97
    jmidd97 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    tmi_gang wrote: »

Its rough, isn't it? Being bigger just factored into everything, and coloured everything with the tinge of self-hate.
    Here's to us never being the big friend again! :)
  • tmi_gang
    Options

Its rough, isn't it? Being bigger just factored into everything, and coloured everything with the tinge of self-hate.
    Here's to us never being the big friend again! :)

-Lifts glass- :)
  • tmi_gang
    Options
    Weight loss just comes with the territory of what my goals are. I'd like to reach a certain body fat % while lifting as much as possible.

It's nice to get second looks at the beach, cut my grass without a shirt on, and have 22 year old Hooter's waitresses asking for my business card and getting WYD texts at midnight when I'm sleeping.

Legendary.
  • joelo_83
    joelo_83 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Got an Abercrombie catalog in the mail and got jelly AF
  • CalorieCountChocula
    CalorieCountChocula Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Every single aspect of our culture. I mean, even the fast food ads have skinny people in them.
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Stepped on the scale one day.. It broke.

In all seriousness, I just got tired of being the "big friend". So I took charge of it and knocked the weight on its' *kitten*.

This ^ lol. Mine broke too.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Weight loss just comes with the territory of what my goals are. I'd like to reach a certain body fat % while lifting as much as possible.

It's nice to get second looks at the beach, cut my grass without a shirt on, and have 22 year old Hooter's waitresses asking for my business card and getting WYD texts at midnight when I'm sleeping.

Legendary.

I ain't gonna lie, it felt good to wake up to. I thought she was tryna get that extra tip but I wasn't even paying. Luckily my wife didn't see it either.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    How my brother and sister-in-law slowed down their pace when we were on a hike because they thought I wouldn't be able to keep up. Like I'm disabled or something. I'm only 27 damnit. I don't want anyone to think I can't do anything just because of my size.
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I bought a bike and it wasn't pretty the first time I tried to ride off into the sunset. It's still not pretty, but I can go a lot further than I could 40 pounds ago.
  • lista10
    Options
    Before I got married I had multiple boy friends tell me oh if only you had abs, or didn't get tired going on 5 mile hike, or if you were a body builder or my favorite after going to the gym while in high school he was all up set and I had asked him what his deal was and it was that he didn't want a fat wife one day. You know dang trying to get my sexy mamma back isn't easy and ya I've got some stretch marks but hey screw you guys cuz I'm going to look good! Hahah is what I think of when people look at me. It's all how you feel about your self, it's time I focus on how I'm trying and everyone starts some where. So good job for everyone here killin it and working your *kitten* off.
  • dancerchick1743
    dancerchick1743 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight because I'm a dancer and extra weight his holding me back
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I didn't really care about losing weight initially...I made a lot of dietary changes due to some health issues and really bad blood work..."cleaning" up my diet and becoming more active had the nice added benefit of causing me to drop some weight. I never really saw myself as fat until I actually leaned out.
  • dancerchick1743
    dancerchick1743 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Kinda same here . I didn't think about it until I noticed how it was holding me back and how in order to be successful in this dance world I would need to.