Options
OoPiam
OoPiam Posts: 7 Member
What is crab in food?

Replies

• marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    ? Not sure what you are referring to. But Crab in general is a shellfish (seafood department) and then you have imitation crab which is not shellfish, but still is seafood as it's made from a certain type of fish
  • OoPiam
    OoPiam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    crab.jpg
    not that one, I usually see calories, protein, fiber and crab etc.. in nutrition articles .. what is that crab
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Carbs, or carbohydrates, are molecules that have carbon, hydrogen and oxygen atoms. In nutrition, “carbs” refers to one of the three macronutrients. The other two are protein and fat. Dietary carbohydrates can be split into three main categories: Sugars: Sweet, short-chain carbohydrates found in foods.
    * Google
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    OoPiam wrote: »
    crab.jpg
    not that one, I usually see calories, protein, fiber and crab etc.. in nutrition articles .. what is that crab

Carb. Short for carbohydrate. One of the three macros - Fat, protein, carbohydrate.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    CARB--you'r reading the short form for abberviation for "CARBOHYDRATE" (methinks anyhow)
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,990 Member
    Options
    I gather we're talking about carbs but crabs are delicious and don't have many calories unless you slather it w/butter.

According to one source, 7 oz of dungeness crab consists of 120 calories from protein, 14 calories from fat and six calories from carbohydrates. Only problem w/it is that a 2lb crab will only yield about 7 oz of crab meat which means that the 2lb crab that you bought for about $14 (the going rate last season) actually cost you $2/oz or $32/lb for the meat alone.

Won't stop me from buying a couple of crabs to steam/eat each season but it does give me pause to think about how much it actually costs. There are obviously much less expensive sources of protein.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I love carbs , there's no reason for me to avoid them as I have no medical issues and don't believe the hype, I know carbs won't make me gain weight. A calorie surplus does.

Crabs are a shellfish and I do not like them.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see this isn't about the kind of crab that requires a doctor's visit.

OP, carbs (carbohydrates) are one of the macro-nutrients. It's found in many foods such as grains, fruits, veggies. Sugar is a carb.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    LOL I've mistakenly typed it crabs instead of carbs a few times. :D

... I try to avoid crabs too. :D

Yeah me too. But op has written crabs 3 times, surely not all are typos..

• Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Given my budget, sadly I eat lower crab than I would like these days ...
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Sloth2016 wrote: »
    Given my budget, sadly I eat lower crab than I would like these days ...

So, you're doing crab-light?