What is crab

Options

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Sloth2016 wrote: »
    Given my budget, sadly I eat lower crab than I would like these days ...

So, you're doing crab-light?

Or better yet, this! 74ll1nidld6o.jpeg
  • queenliz99
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Given my budget, sadly I eat lower crab than I would like these days ...

So, you're doing crab-light?

Or better yet, this! 74ll1nidld6o.jpeg

If I cut imitation crabs, can I get into imitation ketosis?

Whatever floats your boat :)
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    My wife was crabby today ... oh wrong type of crab.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    When did you last visit the optician?
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I've lost nearly 10kg on a no-crab diet.
    I think I might write a book, make a blog, start selling my secret...will I get rich?
  • queenliz99
    Options
    dykask wrote: »

You know, that's treatable ;)
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options

It was the emotional crabby, not a physical crabs. I guess I deserved that for not talking about low carb crabs.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

It was the emotional crabby, not a physical crabs. I guess I deserved that for not talking about low carb crabs.

That type is also treatable. Chocolate always worked for me :smile:
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    327765154_screen0360x480.png
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Wow. This got silly.

OP, "carbs" means sugar and starch. So, bread, rice, corn, potatoes, sugar, honey etc. Carbs are the biggest source of energy for most people, except those on low-carb diets who eat protein and fat instead.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Wow. This got silly.

OP, "carbs" means sugar and starch. So, bread, rice, corn, potatoes, sugar, honey etc. Carbs are the biggest source of energy for most people, except those on low-carb diets who eat protein and fat instead.

This also includes fruits and vegetables. As a general rule, anything that isn't a fat (oil, butter...etc) or a meat has at least a few carbs.
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I been having such a horrible week and this made me laugh so hard!! Haha
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Wow. This got silly.

This also includes fruits and vegetables. As a general rule, anything that isn't a fat (oil, butter...etc) or a meat has at least a few carbs.

Fruit and veg contain carbs, but I would not classify most of them as being "a carb" as it is not what they are mostly made up of - they are mostly fibre and water and don't provide much in way of energy. I would put them in a separate category of their own.

(and yes, I've just found out about this anomaly where American nutrition labels classify fibre under "total carbs", but that is not a helpful classification, as we can't digest fibre, it provides no calories and does not behave as a carb in the body).
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Wow. This got silly.

Fruit and veg contain carbs, but I would not classify most of them as being "a carb" as it is not what they are mostly made up of - they are mostly fibre and water and don't provide much in way of energy. I would put them in a separate category of their own.

(and yes, I've just found out about this anomaly where American nutrition labels classify fibre under "total carbs", but that is not a helpful classification, as we can't digest fibre, it provides no calories and does not behave as a carb in the body).

The calories in fruits and vegetables are mostly carbs. Water is not usually involved in classifying foods, otherwise soda would not be classified as a carb. Personally, I don't classify foods anyway because it has no bearing on my nutrition, but conventionally fruits and vegetables are known as carbs (usually called non starchy carbs).
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing the makings of the next diet craze, high crab low carb diet. I think you're onto something, OP. Maybe call yourself a guru and go with it?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm on the Low Crab High Fruit diet and it works like a charm! Maybe I should start a group here. :)