Where are my big stomached ladies at?!

Options
Hello!! So I'm around 46 pounds down and I still feel my stomach is huge. I know you cannot spot reduce and all I can do it tone but I carry the majority of my weight in my stomach which SUCKS. how long did it take you/do you think it will take to tone up?!

Replies

• yomomma2b
    yomomma2b Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Me too.... :( sucks cause I still can't go down in size in jeans because of it and the legs in my size now are way too baggy on me. Lol
  • eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    yomomma2b wrote: »
    Me too.... :( sucks cause I still can't go down in size in jeans because of it and the legs in my size now are way too baggy on me. Lol

OMG we are totally in the same boat haha. And it's not like there as been NO difference it's just my stomach is still very disproportionate to the rest of my body lol :(
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It can take a very long time and can come down to the very final few pounds. Be sure to read through this thread if you haven't already.
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    It can take a very long time and can come down to the very final few pounds. Be sure to read through this thread if you haven't already.

Thanks for the info!
  • diwijo13
    diwijo13 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Yes! The same for me. It's so annoying.
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    diwijo13 wrote: »

Yes! The same for me. It's so annoying.

Bleh. I'll keep at it then and really focus on strength.
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    ErinSot wrote: »

OMG we are totally in the same boat haha. And it's not like there as been NO difference it's just my stomach is still very disproportionate to the rest of my body lol :(
    Me too! I think the reason my stomach always looks big is because no matter how skinny I get my waist is never small. It makes me look like a box, which sucks because my legs get really thin so I look disproportionate too :(
  • _sacar
    _sacar Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Linzon wrote: »
    Yep, apparently my stomach is going to be the last to go. The boobs were first to go, of course!

Are you me? :D
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Linzon wrote: »
    Yep, apparently my stomach is going to be the last to go. The boobs were first to go, of course!

On the flip side, my cup size increased as I lost over 50 pounds and now that I am down to that final fat roll around my stomach...my breasts are losing size :( It's very frustrating because I lose fat everywhere but where I want to lose it. Such is life.
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    Bah. So if it's in genetics it's an impossible goal?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I have two large fibroids and my GYN calls my uterus a 20 week uterus - meaning it's the same size as if I were 5 months pregnant. I don't look 5 months pregnant, but I definitely have extra belly girth because of them.
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    If you have not reached goal weight, it's too early to complain about your stomach. If you haven't been strength training for at least 6-12 months, it's too early to complain about your stomach. Just sayin'. B)

Very true!! I'll be more dedicated to my strength training :) I'll be the first to admit I prefer cardio lol
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    @erinsot, not an impossible goal but certainly one that is more challenging for us apple shaped folk than it is for a person who genetically stores fat in the thighs and hips - pear shaped. We see posts all the time on how to lose in those particular spots too.

Visceral fat, the 'dangerous' stomach fat is relatively easy to lose through a calorie deficit and cardio.
    Subcutaneous fat in the stomach area is not as 'dangerous' (doesn't have the same effect on hormones etc), though unattractive to many, relies on a calorie deficit aiming at all over fat loss.

It is more a case of deciding how far you want to lose to get those last pounds off.

Here is me, I can love my stomach at this size. It is large compared to the rest of me, but it is subcutaneous fat, with decent muscle underneath so it gives me no health concerns.

Cheers, h.

wzq7mn1x6bo7.jpeg

Where's this belly you speak of @middlehaitch ? You look perfectly wonderful, you should be very proud of yourself, and you look great in a bikini :smiley:

Literally what I was thinking!!