Hip pain, should I still do 30 day shred level 3?

Options
dawniee
dawniee Posts: 143 Member
I'm kind of frustrated..I don't know what to do, my left hip really is bothering me ever since my very last workout with JM 30 day shred on friday, it was almost the very last excerises and all of the sudden my hip socket started to hurt really bad. I took the weekend off because of it....it's better but I'm afraid I might hurt it more if I do JM L3 again, I guess I could do all the beginner moves versus advanced? Anyone had a suggestion? Im down to my last week and I;ll be finished with 30 day shred, I don't want to stop now!!! Help!

Replies

• sagisun1969
    Options
    Sounds like your hip flexor? I've been dealing with that pain for a while. If you have a chiropractor, I would schedule an appt. My chiropractor has been able to take the pain away with one visit.
  • dawniee
    Options
    I do have a chiropractor and i was going to go on friday but lost track of time! i haven't been to him in about a month! thanks for reminding me!!
  • rachgleeson
    rachgleeson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i would get it checked out before you carry on with any exercise, you dont want to do any serious harm to it. I have a hip problem also so i dont do jillian michaels at the moment, just walking!!
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I see that your baby is not quite a year old; it can take up to a year for your ligaments, muscles and tendons in the pelvic area to return to 'normal', and if you've been breast-feeding until fairly it might mean that your hormones aren't really back to normal. I would suggest that it might be worthwhile checking with your Doctor.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • exercisechic927
    exercisechic927 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would say no and see a physical therapist ;-)
  • dawniee
    Options
    thanks everybody for responding! i 'm taking our advice and going to my chiro tomorrow!! i did some really good stretching and it already feels better!! Have a great 4th of July!! Happy Independance Day!